there's an app?? for that?

marshhawk

I don't think the OP is wanting a network diagram.

OP: Click on the link and download the app BEFORE sailing. It's just so much easier. And the hub app does nothing but serve as a countdown timer to your cruise (you need to input sail date) UNTIL you are on board.

Once onboard, you'll put your phone into airplane mode and then activate wi-fi, connecting to the individual ships internal network. This allows the hub app features to work with your ship.

Now, if you want to activate the CHAT feature, it will cost $5. EACH PERSON who wants chat has to purchase.

There are also internet PLANS you can purchase ahead of time in the FunShop or when you are on board. Let me tell you that internet on a cruise ship is NOT WORTH IT. Most people usually ask for a refund anyway because it is so terrible.

Advice: When in port....many of the bars and restaurants in the port area offer free Wi-Fi. If you feel comfortable connecting to these, it's a much better and cost-effective way to catch up on goings on back home.

I don't think the OP is wanting a network diagram.

OP: Click on the link and download the app BEFORE sailing. It's just so much easier. And the hub app does nothing but serve as a countdown timer to your cruise (you need to input sail date) UNTIL you are on board.

Once onboard, you'll put your phone into airplane mode and then activate wi-fi, connecting to the individual ships internal network. This allows the hub app features to work with your ship.

Now, if you want to activate the CHAT feature, it will cost $5. EACH PERSON who wants chat has to purchase.

There are also internet PLANS you can purchase ahead of time in the FunShop or when you are on board. Let me tell you that internet on a cruise ship is NOT WORTH IT. Most people usually ask for a refund anyway because it is so terrible.

Advice: When in port....many of the bars and restaurants in the port area offer free Wi-Fi. If you feel comfortable connecting to these, it's a much better and cost-effective way to catch up on goings on back home.

Agree and I was not responding to the OP but rather another person who seemed confused about the whole "wifi" situation as it relates to the Hub app.

Agree and I was not responding to the OP but rather another person who seemed confused about the whole "wifi" situation as it relates to the Hub app.

LOL!! And that would have been me, who is not confused at all, I get and understand how the ships wifi, Hub App internet access all interact or work. I was musing at a post stating it not necessary to connect to the ships wifi, or intranet if you like, to use the Hub App. Certainly not at all what the OP was asking, however inaccurate information asked for or not is not helpful.

LOL!! And that would have been me, who is not confused at all, I get and understand how the ships wifi, Hub App internet access all interact or work. I was musing at a post stating it not necessary to connect to the ships wifi, or intranet if you like, to use the Hub App. Certainly not at all what the OP was asking, however inaccurate information asked for or not is not helpful.

Oops.... then I mistook your musing as a question..... sorry! :o

Edited by joepeka

Thanks all. He created his "app" yesterday after we got the first response, but it did not ask for the date of his sailing-or maybe it did, but (he has a brain injury ok) then he did say the screen said "I'm onboard" and then someone told me in another answer that we need the number from the sail and sign card to activate-so we just have to wait til we get on board. Thank you all for your help. And may you all enjoy your next cruise!:)

oh and we wont "chat", we will be together.

Thanks all. He created his "app" yesterday after we got the first response, but it did not ask for the date of his sailing-or maybe it did, but (he has a brain injury ok) then he did say the screen said "I'm onboard" and then someone told me in another answer that we need the number from the sail and sign card to activate-so we just have to wait til we get on board. Thank you all for your help. And may you all enjoy your next cruise!:)

oh and we wont "chat", we will be together.

Hubby and I are pretty much always together and didn't use chat either.

Your husband's screen should show "Enter Your Cruise Date" with 00 Days/00 Hours/00 Minutes. If you touch that area it should bring up a calendar (that's what happens on my Samsung) and you can scroll through to your sailing date.

It can be fun to see the numbers get smaller, but not essential for the experience. Wishing you a great cruise too. Only 135 days, 19 hours, and 18 minutes for me:')