Jewelry Stores

ffrencher

Any recommendations for jewelry stores in St. Thomas? Any ones with which you have had a positive experience? Any to avoid?

I see a few highly rated ones on TA, but I was looking for any personal experiences on this forum.

TYIA

I'd go to Ballerina's - downtown. They are good people and have a great selection at pretty descent prices. I'd avoid Diamonds International AT ALL COSTS - no matter how hard some people try to sell you. Just google the complaints there. Of course, here at home, do you best to research your interests, so you can make an informed decision and rather than in emotional one when you are there being bedazzled by all their offerings!

Now if it were St Maarten, I would have another preference.

I'd go to Ballerina's - downtown. They are good people and have a great selection at pretty descent prices. I'd avoid Diamonds International AT ALL COSTS - no matter how hard some people try to sell you. Just google the complaints there. Of course, here at home, do you best to research your interests, so you can make an informed decision and rather than in emotional one when you are there being bedazzled by all their offerings!

Now if it were St Maarten, I would have another preference.

Thank you

Any recommendations for jewelry stores in St. Thomas? Any ones with which you have had a positive experience? Any to avoid?

I see a few highly rated ones on TA, but I was looking for any personal experiences on this forum.

TYIA

Used to o to Diamond Jewellers in St.M, but now retired back to the UK. However, by their recommendation have made contact with Ajanta

jewellers@aol.com

Exchanging emails regarding various rings, in particular regarding the three C's and price, to compare etc. So far so good

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We went to a very large store that offered adult beverages when we frst walked in. I wish I could remember the name of the store. Great service and good prices. Anyone know this store or is that the normal way to do business here?

Ajanta on Drakes Passage St Thomas. Been doing business with them for 10+ years. Family owned. Great personalized service. Bought diamond studs and upgraded to new engagement ring. I believe Mark is now the owner, ask for a family member to help you. We always stop in there when in port.

My darling wife has just reminded me that the first store we went into recommended that we also check out their discount/clearance store which is actually where we bought the ring I got her and where she would like to go again. Can anyone tell me the name of a discount store owned by a bigger store? I know I am asking a lot but it was over 8 years ago and my wife is used to getting what she wants.

Thanks in advance!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Krishna’s Silver World (located on the waterfront in downtown) survived last year’s hurricanes?

That was one of our favorite shops for (as the store name implies) silver. And Nick Krishna and his wife were very lovely people to deal with.

If you have any current knowledge of the status of this store, I would be most appreciative of an update.

Thank you!