Brillance of the Seas cabin 1100

psheik

I did not stay in that cabin but I was invited to a sail a way cocktail party by CC debandbill while on the Brilliance. The balcony is very large. I am sure debandbill will see this post and I know they have pictures of it.

PSHEIK:

Yep Alexis (Hi! Pat) is right...can't resist sharing photos of our favorite cabin of all:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/album?.dir=ed4e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.sbc.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Very private and quiet location and the balcony is sooooo nice. Really no negatives unless the long walk back from the centrum bothers you. One or two mornings (very early before dawn) we had noise above us as the crew washed down the outside Windjammer area...muffled sounds of chairs and tables being moved..otherwise very quiet. You will be spoiled for life after staying in this cabin....Deb

We have sailed in 1100 on the Brilliance as well. I think it's one of the best cabins I have ever been in. Huge balcony, lots of storage and plenty of floor space to move around without bumping into each other. It's a great room to entertain in. Two negatives we found were early morning washing of the deck above, moving of tables and chairs and the crew using the crew only stairwell beside the cabin for a break room to take a quick smoke. The smoke smell was intense outside the room and whenever the cabin door was opened, the smell entered the room.

PSHEIK:

Very private and quiet location and the balcony is sooooo nice. Really no negatives unless the long walk back from the centrum bothers you. One or two mornings (very early before dawn) we had noise above us as the crew washed down the outside Windjammer area...muffled sounds of chairs and tables being moved..otherwise very quiet. You will be spoiled for life after staying in this cabin....Deb

Hey Deb,

We're going to be staying in 1100 on Serenade on the 14th of this month. From looking at the pictures, it looks like the cabin right next door can probably see right into your cabin. If a person were standing right at the divider and looked over his shoulder, they could probably see into your cabin. Is that correct? Did you find yourself having to sleep with the drapes pulled or being extra cautious as you moved about the cabin because your neighbor could see in? I don't mean to sound paranoid or anything. In the end it doesn't really matter that much, just curious. Up until now, we've only had a balcony on the side where somebody would have to try real hard to see in...If this is a little problem, I'm guessing that all aft cabins share this one thing...

Mark

Radiomark:

I suppose it would be possible for the balcony occupant in 1102 to peer more easily onto the next balcony but most people are very respectful of other's privacy. You can usually tell when someone is out on their balcony since even the slightest noise is noticible with all the metal and such. We never had a problem in the two times we have had that cabin. During the day its hard to see into the cabin because of direct sunlight, etc. and the folds of the curtain block some of the view in that corner. During the evening and night, particularly when dressing for dinner we would simply draw the sliding glass door drapes enough to block any view from next door into our cabin and still have the other window drapes open to enjoy the views outside. We don't leave our door open at night...don't enjoy the noise or humidity...so that was not an issue. I have had side balconies and have felt no more no less privacy than in our aft cabins...its all about the same. Don't think you need to worry about this. Deb

Edited to also say that we never experienced smoke from crew members in the stairwell...as far as that goes, we never heard anyone in the stairwell either. I did one time notice when we were upstairs eating that the door opened and there were two guys inside sitting in the door opening...I would venture to guess that if they were caught by staff it would be a no-no sitting or smoking.

• 4 months later...
We have sailed in 1100 on the Brilliance as well. I think it's one of the best cabins I have ever been in. Huge balcony, lots of storage and plenty of floor space to move around without bumping into each other. It's a great room to entertain in. Two negatives we found were early morning washing of the deck above, moving of tables and chairs and the crew using the crew only stairwell beside the cabin for a break room to take a quick smoke. The smoke smell was intense outside the room and whenever the cabin door was opened, the smell entered the room.

Has anyone else else ever smelled this smoke from the crew stairwell?

This is from the 3 rd post down. You can see it in the photos. There is partial covering.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/album?.dir=ed4e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http% 3a//photos.sbc.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Enchantment:

Your view from the aft is almost 180 degrees particularly if you are right at the rail. I am certain that the view of the canal would be really great since you can almost see straight down...no obstruction...each deck below juts a little further out but not a lot. The sides of the canal would certainly be very close.

1560 would probably be a great cabin as well...located near the hump...easy access to elevators, etc. I think the fact that it is a connecting cabin is a negative unless that is what you want. I have not stayed there so no working knowledge.

I can vouch for 1100 though..very nice. If I smelled smoke and knew it was coming from the staff and stairwell , I would complain as I am sure that its a no-no. I have walked the halls though and had a very strong wiff of smoke from other cabins so not sure how you can be sure it is the stairwell. As I said in an earler post, we had no problems with smoke during our two stays there...10 and 11 night cruises.

Good luck with your decision. Deb

To clarify my earlier post... We smoke but not in our cabin so we did not complain. The smoke was definately from the stairwell as many times we observed crew relaxing there smoking while other crew members went in and out the door. I can't imagine this behavior being tolerated by less patient passengers and it might have been corrected, but to some people on CC smoking is a major issue and I felt it was important I included that information in my post so that non smokers could be aware thay might have an issue to deal with onboard.

1100 is a great cabin and I wouldn't hesitate to sail in it again.

CB,

I beg to differ with you about the view onto 1100's balcony. Yes, if you stand right at the rail, the folks above who are standing at the rail can see down upon you. But less than 1/3 of the way from the rail back. Otherwise, they can't see you. I felt completely comfortable lounging on the chaise or sitting on a chair, which was placed in the most obvious positions on the deck, that I could not be seen from above. The overhang of the balcony roof prevents too much lurking from above.

Archived