Two Cruises Back To Back - Booze

Xiteer

Trying to work through the logistics of bringing back a couple of bottles of rum from our cruise but I'm not 100% sure how this works so I thought maybe someone could help.

I am taking two cruises back to back on different ships both Norwegian. On the first cruise we are going to visit Cuba and would like to bring back a bottle or two of rum. That doesn't appear to be a problem; we present it when we get back on the ship and its held until we disembark.

On the last night of the cruise (or on the morning of disembarkation) the rum will be returned to us on the first cruise. We disembark the ship and then get back on a different Norwegian cruise ship -- what happens to the bottles of rum? We aren't supposed to bring booze onboard at embarkation but what happens if you have some? Do they just hold it until the end of the cruise or do they pour it out?

Anyone been through a situation like this before?

Trying to work through the logistics of bringing back a couple of bottles of rum from our cruise but I'm not 100% sure how this works so I thought maybe someone could help.

I am taking two cruises back to back on different ships both Norwegian. On the first cruise we are going to visit Cuba and would like to bring back a bottle or two of rum. That doesn't appear to be a problem; we present it when we get back on the ship and its held until we disembark.

On the last night of the cruise (or on the morning of disembarkation) the rum will be returned to us on the first cruise. We disembark the ship and then get back on a different Norwegian cruise ship -- what happens to the bottles of rum? We aren't supposed to bring booze onboard at embarkation but what happens if you have some? Do they just hold it until the end of the cruise or do they pour it out?

Anyone been through a situation like this before?

You collect them after first cruise and then turn them in upon embarkment, basically the same process as cruise #1. And if you try to smuggle on board chances are they will find them as there good at that. you will then have to go to the naughty room and join the long line up people that have tried to smuggle something on board.

Lots of people will be walking my the line and chuckling to themselves as chance are they know why your there because they too have been caught at one time.

If you hadn't been changing ship you would have just picked up the booze end of first week and taken back to your cabin for week 2

I just wanted to close the loop on this in case someone down the line has the same question and finds this thread. I opened a case with NCL a few days ago to get their official answer on this and they said its no problem -- declare the alcohol when you check in for the second cruise and they will hold it until the cruise returns back to Miami.

If I find this to NOT be the case in a couple of weeks I'll return and update this thread.

I just wanted to close the loop on this in case someone down the line has the same question and finds this thread. I opened a case with NCL a few days ago to get their official answer on this and they said its no problem -- declare the alcohol when you check in for the second cruise and they will hold it until the cruise returns back to Miami.

Yes, I'm sure if you explain they will hold it on the second cruise with no problem. And YES, Cuban rum is worth the hassle!