Premium Drink Package Penthouse

bocacruiser101

On the Sirena later this month in a PH, first time on Oceania and looking forward to the trip. Planning to upgrade to the premium beverage package, anyone know if this would allow our Butler to bring cocktails to the cabin ? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Rr2AnpZAR1Ak0mHHxeYbfMK8rP9ildO3jT2Iwg2c6NMS1r53NBQsl4-fan6OszdunL6FmuR0d5Z52gngX2NGpD9r4MQ=s800

Yes, it does, and it is fabulous!

I have inquired about this several times with our TA and also Oceania and everyone has said it can only be done on board. We selected the basic drink package as our olife benefit and it's $20/day per person to upgrade which seems reasonable. At least doing it on board I can apply it to my cruise credit.

Can you upgrade pre-cruise, or must it be done at check-in or aboard?

Thanks.

I believe if you are taking the House select package as part of the O Like perk then you wait until you are onboard to upgrade to the Prestige package

If you just want to purchase the Prestige package from the start you can do that before the cruise

someone will correct me if I am wrong

I believe if you are taking the House select package as part of the O Like perk then you wait until you are onboard to upgrade to the Prestige package

If you just want to purchase the Prestige package from the start you can do that before the cruise

someone will correct me if I am wrong

You are very much correct, Lynne, but I wish that they would alter that procedure because changing Packages on the ship requires getting a whole new World Card.

I realize that they recycle the old cards, and getting the new one never takes more than 5 minutes, but the duplication of effort does seem wasteful.

On the Sirena later this month in a PH, first time on Oceania and looking forward to the trip. Planning to upgrade to the premium beverage package, anyone know if this would allow our Butler to bring cocktails to the cabin ? Thanks for any help.

I wonder if we are on the same sailing - 5/28? We are also in PH, and I wondered the same as you about Premium upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Butlers are now typically working sixteen (16) cabins each. During afternoon “happy hour” time, they are also serving canapés to go along with those delightful drinks. Additionally, on every cruise, numbers vary with demographics, there are a number of cruisers that always eat dinner pre 18:00 and utilize room service or their butlers during that time period extensively.

Just reporting this for newbies to understand that , depending upon the cruise and fellow PH and above cruisers, drink turnaround may not be fast. To partially accommodate this, the Butlers are allowed to bring wine bottles down to their work areas. So if the Butlers knows you’re having Chardonnay or Cab that evening, he’ll have a bottle close by for efficiency. However, for the delightful mix drinks, shown in the posted picture, those must come individually from the bar. That bar is almost always Martinis , which is on Deck 5, while remembering that depending on R or O ships most PH are on decks 8 or 12 respectively. That’s time to go back and forth for multiple cabin orders.

Depending upon one’s personal consumption habits, they need to decide whether going to one of the numerous delightful bars or staying in suite is best for them on a regular basis.

Depending upon one’s personal consumption habits, they need to decide whether going to one of the numerous delightful bars or staying in suite is best for them on a regular basis.

+1

However, in my experience the Butlers are encouraged to get as much face time with 'their passengers" as possible, so runners are used from the Bar to the Butlers Pantry. The Butler pretties up the trays, and carries them into the suite (hopefully with panache!)

Edited by JimandStan
changed wording