Mini cruise kits for gifts

Izzblizz

Hi all,

I know there are LOTS of packing lists and what to bring, etc. But I am asking a slightly different question. We (couple) are cruising with 5 extended family members, I wanted to put together little cruise kits with some useful items for them as "gifts" when they board. We will be on Royal Carribean Rhapsody departing from Venice in June (7 nights) if that makes a difference on ideas.

So far I have:

1) a dry erase sheet for each cabin door with a marker and mini eraser

2) a small cabin metallic hook for each person to hang their lanyard or whatever on

3) small laundry soap sheet packet in case do any socks/undies in room (just cause I bought these and have plenty to share)

4) air freshener hanger for bathrooms

And then I ran out of ideas. Any input? Please try to keep suggestions to small, lightweight, inexpensive things that would be useful on the cruise. I can't bring my whole house since going to Europe (and have to pack for a week before and after cruise too!). Oh other passengers are mom (70s), Sister and hubbie and two girls (18, 13).

You guys always have great ideas! (also not sure if posted this in right place!) TIA!

Someone asked a while ago what she could buy her cruise companion each month prior to their cruise, 22 months away. This is what I posted as a suggestion.

1. Lanyard 2. Ziploc bags 3. torch, 4.battery candle for bathroom at night 5.pen, 6. notebook/pad, 7. travel sized shampoo, 8. travel sized conditioner, 9. suntan lotion, 10. aftersun lotion,11.clock, 12 books, 13. painkillers,14. sweets (candy) 15.thermal flask, 16. hand washing powder(for sink washing) 17. pegs (clothes pins) 18. wetwipes, 19. hand sanitiser, 20.Senokot, 21, Imodium, 22.cough mixture.

Also you could get Purex (or similar)three in one washing sheets.

Someone asked a while ago what she could buy her cruise companion each month prior to their cruise, 22 months away. This is what I posted as a suggestion.

1. Lanyard 2. Ziploc bags 3. torch, 4.battery candle for bathroom at night 5.pen, 6. notebook/pad, 7. travel sized shampoo, 8. travel sized conditioner, 9. suntan lotion, 10. aftersun lotion,11.clock, 12 books, 13. painkillers,14. sweets (candy) 15.thermal flask, 16. hand washing powder(for sink washing) 17. pegs (clothes pins) 18. wetwipes, 19. hand sanitiser, 20.Senokot, 21, Imodium, 22.cough mixture.

A BIG tote bag in which to lug all these things. :eek:

How about a few battery operated tea lights to use as a nightlight...

Perhaps maps of the ports you'll be in.

I think what you have is probably more than enough!

Oh, yeah. I have a few of those anyway. Thanks.

I was planning on putting each kit in a ziplock, because figure can never have too many of those. That month of giving is a cute idea and reminds them of the upcoming cruise, so like the idea in theory if can give to your cruise companion in person for them to pack, but we don't live in same town or anything and definitely not packing everyone's toiletries for them! (although would give me lots of room for souvenirs on way back for sure!). I do appreciate the input and thought of a couple things to add to my own list!

Also a follow up question for anyone. Why do people bring clocks? Can't you just use your phone for the time? I can't even remember if I brought one or not on the couple other cruises I have been on.

How about a highlighter for their daily to mark things that interest them.

Oh yeah, I have that written on my list; but good idea for putting in their kits too, because I think most people travel with pens, but don't really think of highlighters.

How about a gift card from the cruise line and forget all the rest.

Ok. I already sprung for an excursion for everyone! I was just thinking of little thingies they might not pack. Do they make gift cards in $3 denominations? hahahah.

You can 'pre- deposit' any sum into their ship board account so they start off with a credit balance against which they can charge thing s on the ship.

Thanks. Maybe I will put 25 cents in everyone's account each day. ;p:'):'):')Hahhaha ... how do I insert a smiley face in here so people know I am being silly?

Oh, never mind ... they show up when I post. Learn something new every day!