Artist Rendering of Verandah Cabin With Bed By Balcony???

Bo1953

Hello all - trying to find a rendering of the above and have not as of yet.

While we are now booked in 9158, I Am more than happy to move to 9156 for the configuration.

It appears that the IV is better suited/presented with bed at bathroom vs verandah or so it appears to me.

Thank you for any input you may have on this.

bon voyage

It looks to me like 9158 has the bed near the balcony, whereas 9156 has the bed near the bathroom.

Yes, you are correct. I wanted to see a rendering, as the ones I could find, only show bed by bathroom and I believe for the IV that is the best way to enjoy the cabin.... and the IV.

I just requested a change to 9156, not the best cabin location IMO closer to the elevators, but what a sacrifice for the type of cabin we want... LOL

We shall see..

Thank you and bon voyage

Yes, you are correct. I wanted to see a rendering, as the ones I could find, only show bed by bathroom and I believe for the IV that is the best way to enjoy the cabin.... and the IV.

I just requested a change to 9156, not the best cabin location IMO closer to the elevators, but what a sacrifice for the type of cabin we want... LOL

We shall see..

Thank you and bon voyage

The only one I have been able to find is both styles from above, which gives you an idea of what the bed looks like near the veranda. I think you made a good choice. :)

th?id=OIP.B43nm45tjb7ODvhp1EnxMAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=340&h=192

It looks to me like 9158 has the bed near the balcony, whereas 9156 has the bed near the bathroom.

Hi there. How are you able to tell the configuration of the room? I've asked Celebrity to confirm if my bed in cabin 11241 on my Edge cruise is next to the balcony or bathroom, and at the time I asked, they couldn't tell me. I don't see any icons on the deck plan that would indicate bed by balcony or bathroom. Thanks.

If you look at the bird's eye view that vtcruising posted above, you can see that behind each bed is a shallow indentation in the wall (where the headboard sits) along the wall that splits the two adjacent rooms. This is also visible on the deck plans. So just find your room number within the deck plans, and find that indentation. That will tell you where your bed sits.

There are plenty of exceptions to this, obviously. But with many rooms its visible just by looking at deck plans.

Edited by loandco2019

Hi there. How are you able to tell the configuration of the room? I've asked Celebrity to confirm if my bed in cabin 11241 on my Edge cruise is next to the balcony or bathroom, and at the time I asked, they couldn't tell me. I don't see any icons on the deck plan that would indicate bed by balcony or bathroom. Thanks.

How do you know which cabin has what configuration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You all know the saying about "assume", but I chose our veranda using the criteria for the S-class ships. Those cabins with a square or triangle are hopefully configured with bed by bath; therefore, finding one of those and counting every other one from that should be a cabin with the bed by bath.

If you look at the bird's eye view that vtcruising posted above, you can see that behind each bed is a shallow indentation in the wall (where the headboard sits) along the wall that splits the two adjacent rooms. This is also visible on the deck plans. So just find your room number within the deck plans, and find that indentation. That will tell you where your bed sits.

There are plenty of exceptions to this, obviously. But with many rooms its visible just by looking at deck plans.

Thanks, I will get my magnifying glass out! [emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The bed in 11241 looks to be by the balcony on the deck plans (because of the indentation by the balcony).

Most likely on the Edge there will be advantages and disadvantages to having the bed by the balcony or bath and they are yet to be seen. In addition, X could have changed the order for some reason so we will really need to wait until onboard to see if the deck plans match up. We can only speculate for now. :)

Sorry to say - I could not change my cabin - all E-1's are booked, currently on my sailing soooo, I must keep a watch on this to see if the passengers booked there cancel... wish there was 'an app' for that! LOL

Thanks and bon voyage!

Sorry to say - I could not change my cabin - all E-1's are booked, currently on my sailing soooo, I must keep a watch on this to see if the passengers booked there cancel... wish there was 'an app' for that! LOL

Thanks and bon voyage!

Bo, with your large group of traveling companions and a whole new ship to explore, you probably won't be in the cabin much. :D

All of my cruises are plugged into a cruise tracker for a small fee and I check off the cabin categories I am interested in following. In addition to price increases and decreases, I get notified when the cruise sells out of one of those categories as well as when it is available again. I was able to get a better cabin one time when I saw that a sold out category was back in the inventory and checked the X website to see which cabin was released.

For those interested, google is your friend when you fish for a cruise tracker website.

Bo, with your large group of traveling companions and a whole new ship to explore, you probably won't be in the cabin much. :D

All of my cruises are plugged into a cruise tracker for a small fee and I check off the cabin categories I am interested in following. In addition to price increases and decreases, I get notified when the cruise sells out of one of those categories as well as when it is available again. I was able to get a better cabin one time when I saw that a sold out category was back in the inventory and checked the X website to see which cabin was released.

For those interested, google is your friend when you fish for a cruise tracker website.

vt - you most likely are correct... I Am thinking during my late night return to the cabin, I can sit on the sofa and watch the calmness of the sea pass by before retiring... as that is the side of the bed I usually sleep on...

So quite easy to contemplate a bit more than my navel and the day just finished and then slide into bed un-noticed and quietly... LOL

Thank you and bon voyage

We are in an E2 cabin and probably have the bed by the balcony. Even tho is it a tight squeeze on the S class ships, it works for us with my husband having a small electric chair. The bed by the bath makes it almost impossible for move the chair around in the cabin and with it by the balcony we can easily enter and store it and have room to move around. It does fold down so that makes it even better.

As said, who knows what we will find when we board in January! Look at what they have already done, changing some E2's to Aqua class. AND the reconfiguring of the Celebrity suite would turn me off fast! I wonder if these are also near the MC? Didn't check that one out but I understand they are not "hot sellers" yet.

Oh well, at least we will get the opportunity to investigate this new phase of Celebrity.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, today I placed a wait list on the cabin next to the reserved one because the bed is near the bathroom... it is also closer to the elevator, which I Am not wild about, then again the trade off...

We are on Deck nine (9)... so be it.

bon voyage

Hello all, today I placed a wait list on the cabin next to the reserved one because the bed is near the bathroom... it is also closer to the elevator, which I Am not wild about, then again the trade off...

We are on Deck nine (9)... so be it.

bon voyage

Hopefully it will work out and you can sit on the sofa and gaze at the sea in the late evening as you pictured. :D

I found this picture of the single infinite veranda with bed near the balcony. Scroll down and you will see it. It is not the same set up, but gives you a little idea of a bed near the bifold doors.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/infinite-verandas/#

The video on u tube makes the side table by the bed seem much smaller than depicted on the diagrams..It .looks tight but doable, so we aren't going to look for another AQ Cabin

Sorry, I can't post a link to the video b/c I think the source of the video is a trvl partner with X rather than X itself,,...but i found it when I followed your link to the spa power point presentation...

The video on u tube makes the side table by the bed seem much smaller than depicted on the diagrams..It .looks tight but doable, so we aren't going to look for another AQ Cabin

Sorry, I can't post a link to the video b/c I think the source of the video is a trvl partner with X rather than X itself,,...but i found it when I followed your link to the spa power point presentation...

Found it - nice view from your bed! :D

When are you sailing? We are in 9156 on April 7. We could be neighbors!

Hello all - trying to find a rendering of the above and have not as of yet.

While we are now booked in 9158, I Am more than happy to move to 9156 for the configuration.

It appears that the IV is better suited/presented with bed at bathroom vs verandah or so it appears to me.

Thank you for any input you may have on this.

bon voyage

When are you sailing? We are in 9156 on April 7. We could be neighbors!

h - before I read to the end, my heart stopped as it is cabin 9156 which we are wait listed for! Alas it is for the sailing on 24 Nov 2019... after you sail..

Otherwise I would have to ask you to move so I could have the cabin! LOL

I will patiently await your review of this cabin and hopefully it will clear for us...

bon voyage

Thjank you, VT. I sent an email to my TA to change my cabin from 7155 to 7145. Hopefully 7145 has the bed by the bath. There aren’t very many available cabins with the bed by bath configuration. I was lucky to be able to do this.

Normally I would not make an effort to change. However, with the new infinite balcony I think the bed by the bath would afford more space accessing the balcony. Also I like the idea of sitting on the sofa gazing out at th e ocean if the weather is a bit cooler.

Again, many thanks.

Larry

Thjank you, VT. I sent an email to my TA to change my cabin from 7155 to 7145. Hopefully 7145 has the bed by the bath. There aren’t very many available cabins with the bed by bath configuration. I was lucky to be able to do this.

Normally I would not make an effort to change. However, with the new infinite balcony I think the bed by the bath would afford more space accessing the balcony. Also I like the idea of sitting on the sofa gazing out at th e ocean if the weather is a bit cooler.

Again, many thanks.

Larry

It does look like the bed is by the bath in 7145 on the present deck plans. :) I think there are advantages of both positions for the M and S Class cabins, but since hcat pointed out that the E Class Infinite Veranda bed by bath may be better, I've started leaning toward the bed by bath choice as well.

For me, it isn't the possible tight squeeze if the bed is by the balcony, it is that the unique thing with the IV is that you can open the bi-fold doors and have a bigger cabin (with or without the balcony window down). Having the bed by the bath will allow a good-sized open area when the bi-fold doors are open. Also, being able to enclose the balcony by closing the bi-fold doors and balcony window (with the bed further away) will almost give a feeling of having 2 rooms, I think.

I'm sure there will be disadvantages for the bed by the bath too (such as more difficult closet access as seen on S Class) - time will tell. In the meantime, you can dream about watching the ocean from your sofa. :D

Edited by vtcruising

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all - my cabin change came through last week sometime... now in 9158!

Hooray....

2020 it is rumoured that we are doing a Med sailing on Edge... I think I will save up all my quarters and do a Sky Suite for such a special time.... I look forward to continuing to read/hear all about them in the thread which VT started and on our cabin sticky too!

bon voyage