Group Cruise on the Dream

I have a cruise booked for August 5 on the Carnival Dream. In all total its 10 cabins booked. with 2 in each cabin. I was reading somewhere that we could qualify as a group but when I called carnival to inquire about it I was told that we would have had to all book within 2 days of each other to qualify as a group. Which I think sucks but hey they didn't ask my opinion. My question is do my group not qualify for any of the perks of a group like Amenity points? Just asking either way I'm going to have a good time. I just would like to get all the perks for my group that's available.

I have a cruise booked for August 5 on the Carnival Dream. In all total its 10 cabins booked. with 2 in each cabin. I was reading somewhere that we could qualify as a group but when I called carnival to inquire about it I was told that we would have had to all book within 2 days of each other to qualify as a group. Which I think sucks but hey they didn't ask my opinion. My question is do my group not qualify for any of the perks of a group like Amenity points? Just asking either way I'm going to have a good time. I just would like to get all the perks for my group that's available.

You already answered your question

"I called carnival to inquire about it I was told that we would have had to all book within 2 days of each other to qualify as a group"

So if you did not do this then you do not qualify as Carnival told you when you called

You already answered your question

"I called carnival to inquire about it I was told that we would have had to all book within 2 days of each other to qualify as a group"

So if you did not do this then you do not qualify as Carnival told you when you called

The question was asked because I saw where others had converted there bookings to a group and I was hoping someone could give some helpful advice as to how I could do this also... but thank you for your smart a$$ advice

I'll just share my experience but "Group" bookings are usually more expensive than individual bookings.

"Group" bookings may not qualify for some future price reductions. All spelled out in the "Group" contract.

That "higher" price then pays for the amenities. Sometimes the higher cost is worth it, most times not.

Nothings free in life.