Question for cruisers that live in new jersey?

oliver35

I live in new jersey and i am going on the escape on june 3rd trying to figure out the cheapest way to get to pier 88 . Has anyone taken the ny waterway from Port Imperial / Weehawken to nyc? would you recremend it?

We are a family, so we just squeeze on into our minivan and park at the pier. Love the convenience, plus buy8ng ferry tickets for everyone would add up. If it was just 2 or 3 of us, Uber would be the cheapest, but we are pretty close to the city.

We have taken van service to the pier. Cost is about 125 each way. It is a wash with the price of parking vehicle and paying for tolls. We can sit and enjoy the ride without the aggravation of ny traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We use to live in NJ and cruised from Those piers .

If you can handle your luggage , it is a fairly short trek up 12th ave

to the ships from the Ferry Terminal.

Parking at the Ferry in Weehawkin is much less $$ than at the piers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dont live in NJ but have taken that ferry back and forth a bunch of times (albeit without luggage so I would call to see if there are any restrictions)

It costs about $9 one way (a little less for seniors). The ferry is a quick ride, typically less than 10 minutes to cross the river. As the OP mentioned, you would have to pay for parking on the NJ side (assuming you drive to the ferry terminal). I dont know how much parking costs

The terminal on the NY side at 39th street is about 10 blocks or 1/2 mile from pier 88. Walking or taxi from ferry terminal to pier 88 are options. Also, within the cost of the ferry fare is a shuttle from the NY Waterway pier that goes certain routes in Manhattan. You may want to call (800.533.3779) to see if the 50th/57th street shuttle is an option and be sure to mention you will have luggage (not sure if they have space for it). I think one of the routes goes along 12th avenue until 50th street---maybe they could let you off on 48th st or 50th st and 12th avenue ) which wouldn't be far from pier 88

Have a great trip!

amtrak into Penn station from Princeton Junction- Uber from Penn Station to Pier 88. NJ Transit is even cheaper but not as nice! About 30$ per person each way on Amtrak and half that on NJ Transit. We always use NJ Transit and have no issues!

amtrak into Penn station from Princeton Junction- Uber from Penn Station to Pier 88. NJ Transit is even cheaper but not as nice! About 30$ per person each way on Amtrak and half that on NJ Transit. We always use NJ Transit and have no issues!

I agree with the Amtrak or NJ Transit to Penn Station....and then cab it to Pier 88. It's probably the quickest/cheapest route.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah! just booked my transportation to the cruise terminal i live in clifton new jersey which is about a 30 minute drive to nyc i am using groundlink they are partners with ncl i payed $69.09 each way!! Can't wait!!