NCL Distinctive Voyages

She said she as told that even if she booked she might not get a room, she did not say that she was told the week in question was already sold out. Two different things.

She did say that her date was not available followed by the statement that the NCL told her that rooms are not available for all dates.

Were not talking about getting something for nothing here. I didnt book a cruise then have NCL at a later date offer me the package for free. The promotion was part of the contract agreement that NCL and I entered into so no portion of the package is free and certainly is not something for nothing. The long and short of it is specifically that NCL advertised a $200 and $100 rebate on air and hotel to entice people into booking but to take advantage of it I would have to accept their quote for $755 on a flight that all major airlines are offering at under $400. So in other words, to get the $200 rebate I would have to pay over $250. And no, the transfers are not included in that inflated quote. As far as the hotel rebate goes I just got off the phone with NCL and they tell me that they have no hotels available for Feb 2nd so no $100 rebate despite an abundance of hotel rooms available at all major hotels for the night I requested when I went online myself.

Not saying the package on the whole is good or bad. Of course the value is different to each person depending on the value each unique person places on any of the perks. People make their own decisions based on their priorities. I just think it should be an informed decision and people should be aware of what I wasnt. That unless you are willing to pay double the air fare to have NCL book for you, you arent going to get the rebate on the air fare and as the NCL agent just told me moments ago, "we dont guarantee that we will actually have rooms available for you" so you getting the room rebate isnt guaranteed at all either.

Bill

• 1 year later...