Edge Cabin Information - What Do We Want On Our Spreadsheet?

vtcruising

25 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Marilyn, I just found this thread and was thrilled to see it.  It is an outstanding information source for future Edge cruisers.  I have been playing with the search function and it works great.  I am sure that you will get numerous posts from people who don't read the instructions asking about how to search for a cabin number. :classic_biggrin:

I have used spreadsheet software for over 30 years, but am confused about your posting format instructions. It sounds like you want information entered into rows, but pasted across the columns.  I know that in Excel you can copy and transpose a paste to accomplish this; but if that is you want people to do, you need to clarify it.  It also sounds like you want the info to be put into column A with the other text, since you say to not delete the ":".  Is that really what you want?  I don't use Google sheets that much, so perhaps there is a feature I am not aware of.  

Thanks for the feedback. I set it up like the M and S Class spreadsheets for posting feedback into a post - you copy and paste the list of info categories and then paste it into a post and fill in the feedback. I will be copying and pasting the info into the spreadsheet manually for now and will develop a form after the holidays that will populate the spreadsheet. 

I copied the posting info and pasted it her and started to complete it:

Date of Cruise: 12/1/18

Ship: Edge

Cabin #: 8523

Deck #: 8

Cabin Category:  E2

Cabin Location: starboard aft

Bed Position:

Balcony Type:

Balcony/Window Size:

Balcony/Window View/Obstruction:

Balcony Overhang?:

Magic Carpet Issues?:

Noise Issues?:

Wind Issues?:

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?:

Suite Details:

Advantages/Problems/Comments:

Would You Book It Again?:

Photo Links: 

Does that make sense? That's how the others do it - I think a form will be the way to go for long term. I will try to explain it better in the instructions.

Thanks for trying out the search tool (actually sort tool). :classic_smile:

44 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for the feedback. I set it up like the M and S Class spreadsheets for posting feedback into a post - you copy and paste the list of info categories and then paste it into a post and fill in the feedback. I will be copying and pasting the info into the spreadsheet manually for now and will develop a form after the holidays that will populate the spreadsheet. 

Bed Position:

Balcony Type:

Balcony/Window Size:

Balcony Overhang?:

Magic Carpet Issues?:

Noise Issues?:

Wind Issues?:

Suite Details:

Photo Links: 

Does that make sense? That's how the others do it - I think a form will be the way to go for long term. I will try to explain it better in the instructions.

I got you.  I thought you wanted it to be posted directly into the spreadsheet, which was where my concern came in.  I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be entering info into the sheet on their own.

21 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I got you.  I thought you wanted it to be posted directly into the spreadsheet, which was where my concern came in.  I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be entering info into the sheet on their own.

No, it is locked - I will be entering all of the info initially, which could be interesting. Actually, it will be interesting to see how people like the IVs and other cabin features/locations. :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Bed Position:

Balcony Type:

Balcony/Window Size:

Balcony Overhang?:

Magic Carpet Issues?:

Noise Issues?:

Wind Issues?:

Suite Details:

Photo Links: 

Looks great..go with it...and please take time to enjoy yourself!

Edited by hcat

Marilyn,

I’ve checked out your final version, and it looks great! You’ve done a wonderful job on the Edge cabin spreadsheet, and all of us Edgies or Edgelings will be thanking you each time we plan a cruise😊 

Thank you,

Michelle 

• Thanks 1