Taking alcohol off the ship

jcathers1

Is there any issue taking alcohol off the ship on port days? With the ship visiting various countries, I wasn't sure if laws/regulations varied. I'm speaking specifically of the Jamaica, GC, Cozumel, and Nassau itinerary.

Thanks in advance.

Is there any issue taking alcohol off the ship on port days? With the ship visiting various countries, I wasn't sure if laws/regulations varied. I'm speaking specifically of the Jamaica, GC, Cozumel, and Nassau itinerary.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you can do it in Cozumel they can even check your bags in port .

Thanks in advance.

Are you serious? Can you take a drink out of a bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you serious? Can you take a drink out of a bar?

Are you serious? You definitely CAN take a drink out of a bar, depending on the laws and local regulations of the place the bar is located. Hence, my question.

I don't think they meant taking a drink out of the bar. That's not a problem. Taking an open drink off the ship would be a problem. Discretion can be your friend.

Are you serious? You definitely CAN take a drink out of a bar, depending on the laws and local regulations of the place the bar is located. Hence, my question.

Why would I rather take free beer from the mini-fridge than pay for some on land? I'll let you sort that one out...

Aren’t you just being kind of cheap??

Aren’t you just being kind of cheap??

I would call it financially intelligent. Only someone dumb with their money would pay for something they get for free. How many people do you know who go to the movies and instead of ordering the popcorn, candy ans soda combo for say, $10, buy each $4 item separately and pay $12? Or go to a fast food restaurant, buy a combo that includes a drink for $6 then pay the restaurant another $2 for a drink just because they didn't wanna be "cheap" and drink the one included that they already paid for.

Or how about booking a MSC cruise with the Aurea experience yet insisting that you're charged menu price for each drink. Totally dumb, not cheap.

I don't think they meant taking a drink out of the bar. That's not a problem. Taking an open drink off the ship would be a problem. Discretion can be your friend.

Of course, no one said anything about taking an OPEN drink off the ship. These would be closed containers.

Of course, no one said anything about taking an OPEN drink off the ship. These would be closed containers.

Exactly![emoji485]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You prefer to pay extra for things when you don’t have to?

That seems strange. Good luck. [emoji1303]

No I just think it’s good to help the economy on these poorer islands by buying locally!

Let me get this straight. The OP is going to spend thousands on a cruise, but wants to save $5 by sneaking warm booze off the ship? Is this post a joke or is someone actually that cheap?

Let me get this straight. The OP is going to spend thousands on a cruise, but wants to save $5 by sneaking warm booze off the ship? Is this post a joke or is someone actually that cheap?

Let me help you get it straight:

We bring a soft cooler and coozies with us, and have our butler deliver extra ice morning of. We take a six-pack of beer and water for the kids.

We just got back from our cruise, and to answer my own question, yes, it’s fine to take alcohol off in any of those ports. In fact, we received countless “I wish we would have thought of that” comments from fellow cruisers.

Unsurprisingly, no one called us “cheap” for saving ~$50 by drinking alcohol we had already purchased. That seems to be an internet phenomenon...