Need help with My Time Dining

We prefer early traditional dining, but on both our upcoming cruises we are slated for My Time and waitlisted for traditional. We have never done My Time. Are we supposed to make reservations? Do we do it ahead of time or must we wait til we board? Can we get the same time every night? Would it be OK to make reservations and then cancel them if we should get traditional dining? Sorry for the basic questions, but I never paid much attention to discussions about it because we were never faced with it before. Thanks for any info...

we had MTD - on arrival day, go to the restaurant and tell them what time you want to eat every night. it can be the same time, or different times. We asked for 730 each night - we had the same table, the same waiters every night. It was perfect

You've got a couple of options. You do not have to make reservations in advance, but you can if you want to. If you go onto Royal Caribbean's website and go in to the cruise planner, you'll see the option to make your reservations for each night. The earlier do this, the more times are available for you.

Is varies ship-to-ship, but on the jewel last month, there was a separate entrance for my time diners who had reservations, then ones who did not. There was never more than a minute or two wait to get up to the front of the line to be seated if you had a reservation. I do not know what the wait was like for those who didn't have reservations.

If you choose to wait until you board to make a reservations, you risk having the time that you want not available. I would suggest you make reservations ahead via the cruise planner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you want to eat at or about the same time as "early" seating, then it's not going to be a problem...the 7-7:45 timeslot is the busiest. Before or after that time, there should be no wait, and no reservations needed.

Thanks for this info. I am also wait listed for late seating on my next cruise, and now in My Time for our cruise in January. The info on reservations was helpful. But I am curious if the My Time folks will be relegated to a totally separate dining room, or just in a different section of the MDR. (We'll be on the Freedom.) Everyone else in my group has been assigned traditional dining, so we are very unsure about how to handle this.

We prefer early traditional dining, but on both our upcoming cruises we are slated for My Time and waitlisted for traditional. We have never done My Time. Are we supposed to make reservations? Do we do it ahead of time or must we wait til we board? Can we get the same time every night? Would it be OK to make reservations and then cancel them if we should get traditional dining? Sorry for the basic questions, but I never paid much attention to discussions about it because we were never faced with it before. Thanks for any info...

What I love about MTD is the flexibility to go to dinner when you feel like it. We rarely, if ever, make reservations. We plan dinner around the shows and go when we feel like it. Rarely have to wait. What I really love is no more 3 hour dinners. Because we don't do dessert, and we get a table for 2, we are normally in/out within a hour and one-half which is perfect. We have found we don't miss traditional at all. We talk to so many people during the day that we have found we really enjoy just the 2 of us for dinner. Everyone has different opinions, but we have done MTD since it started and will never go back to traditional.

What I love about MTD is the flexibility to go to dinner when you feel like it. We rarely, if ever, make reservations. We plan dinner around the shows and go when we feel like it. Rarely have to wait. What I really love is no more 3 hour dinners. Because we don't do dessert, and we get a table for 2, we are normally in/out within a hour and one-half which is perfect. We have found we don't miss traditional at all. We talk to so many people during the day that we have found we really enjoy just the 2 of us for dinner. Everyone has different opinions, but we have done MTD since it started and will never go back to traditional.

I do agree about the 3 hour dinners...that’s rather excessive in my opinion. However, we do enjoy having the same table mates and getting to know them over the course of the cruise. On our last cruise earlier this month, we had the most wonderful table mates ever....all through the cruise we all kept expressing how well we all seemed to just “click” from the beginning. So it’s nice that people have options. We may find we actually like My Time.

Just back from 8 nights on the Indy. I booked our MTD reservations as soon as they opened and was able to get 6:45pm for every day. We never had to wait, we had the same table and waiters every night except the one night we changed our group from 4 to 5 people so a new friend could join us. The staff was really helpful with that change but our regular waiters were concerned when we did not show up that one night.

So, if you know when you want to eat normally, take the time to make reservations. Just makes life easier. Oh the Indy dining room has 3 levels and MTD took over the entire main floor on deck 3.