Mayapan Ruins, Lazy River Tubing & Cave Snorkel

My daughter was a little concerned too because she isn’t a strong swimmer at all and had to really push through some anxiety about trying it, but it turned out beautifully. The river and cenote range to 30-60 feet deep, but with the flotation vests, you’ll have no problem whatsoever. I promise you’ll be glad you tried it. 

The river is so short and with such such little movement that no one bothered with a float though they are offered. We all just swam or floated down ourselves and it was perfect. 

12337DCD-C5C5-4C81-9654-4D63D52C2F6A.jpeg

E6A62FED-1DF1-4DDD-8CB2-DAE18909CF30.jpeg

1C8C82AB-A2BE-46C9-B22A-E193541866E7.jpeg

Edited by TayYay
Added information

My daughter was a little concerned too because she isn’t a strong swimmer at all and had to really push through some anxiety about trying it, but it turned out beautifully. The river and cenote range to 30-60 feet deep, but with the flotation vests, you’ll have no problem whatsoever. I promise you’ll be glad you tried it. 

It is spectacular - and once you are in the cavern, make sure you look down to the bottom of the cenote. They’ll provide the mask, or you can bring your own. I wish I’d bought one of those full face masks myself, but we just used the provided masks. The view under the water is just breathtaking. I’m excited for you; you’ll have so much fun. 

You start in the outdoor natural pool, that feeds out to the "lazy river" - which is short with no real current, but is gorgeous. You are offered a tube to use if you'd like, but no one in our tour group bothered using one because you can just lazily swim/float using your vest much more easily. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking. Then you exit the lazy river via steps, get your snorkel mask, and enter the cavern and down into the cenote itself. 

On 12/1/2018 at 12:47 AM, Hobbie_16 said:

Do they allow you to take you towel and a dry bag with you or do you go back to the bus and change prior to lunch? 

Yes they have a spot for you to leave your towel & bag & they had restrooms & changing area.

As mentioned before, there is a spot to leave your towel and dry clothes. Time is limited so we wore our suits under our clothes and then just put them back on after drying off because they’ll dry quickly enough once you’re at the Ruins and walking around.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/11/2018 at 3:19 PM, GypsyLadyLikes2Wander said:

I suggest going to the Carnival website but not logging in and then doing a search on Mayapan.

Thank you for this tip! I was logged in, looking for shore excursions and finding nothing.  Logged out, bam, there they are.