Cost for food in specialty restaurants?

tuckersgirl

Yes thanks for this, the 18% charge seals the deal and we will just get the UDP also worth noting that it is $13 more expensive each to buy it here in the UK (online) than it will be onboard, so onboard it will be, and like you say it gets it out of the way and lets us dine freely. Thanks :D

Sorry, one correction, the gratuity is now 20%.

I'm a bit confused about you saying it is $13 more to buy it now than when onboard. The price that I am getting charged is the same as I believe they charge onboard ($69 for the 3 meal package).

You are aware that the 20% gratuity is also charged on the dining packages? That may be where your $13 is coming from (20% of $69 is £13.80)

Sorry, one correction, the gratuity is now 20%.

I'm a bit confused about you saying it is $13 more to buy it now than when onboard. The price that I am getting charged is the same as I believe they charge onboard ($69 for the 3 meal package).

You are aware that the 20% gratuity is also charged on the dining packages? That may be where your $13 is coming from (20% of $69 is £13.80)

Online price is £62.66. = $82.44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0d86370c12e48c7660f7442887e35ca7.jpg

yep although it is 18%, either way you are correct there is little difference if there is 20% stuck on onboard purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you may find that it is actually charging you 20%. My bookings say 18% like yours does, but when I run the numbers it is actually charging 20%.

If you want to check it then you need to work out the exchange rate which its being used for your booking. This is set based on the rate the day you booked. To find out what it is, I usually look to see what they are charging for $10 OBC.

Using that rate, you can then find out the dollar cost that they are charging for the dining package. When I do it for my bookings, it comes out at $82.75, which is pretty well $69 plus 20% (it actually seems to be $68.95 plus 20%)

I think you may find that it is actually charging you 20%. My bookings say 18% like yours does, but when I run the numbers it is actually charging 20%.

If you want to check it then you need to work out the exchange rate which its being used for your booking. This is set based on the rate the day you booked. To find out what it is, I usually look to see what they are charging for $10 OBC.

Using that rate, you can then find out the dollar cost that they are charging for the dining package. When I do it for my bookings, it comes out at $82.75, which is pretty well $69 plus 20% (it actually seems to be $68.95 plus 20%)

In a nutshell there’s nothing in it then? I’ll still probably purchase it onboard as I have some obc. Thank you.

In a nutshell there’s nothing in it then? I’ll still probably purchase it onboard as I have some obc. Thank you.

One final thing to consider is that if you intend going to Moderno or Teppenyaki then you can’t book these before your cruise without paying upfront unless you have the dining package.

If so (especially Teppenyaki) then it may be worth buying just one dining package to make the reservation). Otherwise, you you may as well wait until you are onboard and use the OBC.

Quick question...If you have SDP how does your server know that?

Also, lets say for example you have purchased the 3 dinner package and actually dine 4 times. Does the SDP automatically go on the first 3 dining visits?

Thanks!

Quick question...If you have SDP how does your server know that?

Also, lets say for example you have purchased the 3 dinner package and actually dine 4 times. Does the SDP automatically go on the first 3 dining visits?

Thanks!

You can select which meals you use your credits against, and the system keeps a record.

When you arrive for the meal you let them know how you will be paying for it.

If you don’t state a preference then I’m sure they will assume that you are using your SDP credits against each meal until you run out. We make sure that we let them know when we arrive as we always have a couple of latitudes meals to use as well, so need to make sure it is allocated correctly.

One final thing to consider is that if you intend going to Moderno or Teppenyaki then you can’t book these before your cruise without paying upfront unless you have the dining package.

If so (especially Teppenyaki) then it may be worth buying just one dining package to make the reservation). Otherwise, you you may as well wait until you are onboard and use the OBC.

I tried booking the teppanyaki for our upcoming Bliss cruise using our dining package and it wanted to charge me. I couldn't get it booked online. All the other places worked just fine but not the teppanyaki. I suppose I could have called NCL but since I don't like teppanyaki all that much it gave me a great excuse to tell the wife;p

I tried booking the teppanyaki for our upcoming Bliss cruise using our dining package and it wanted to charge me. I couldn't get it booked online. All the other places worked just fine but not the teppanyaki. I suppose I could have called NCL but since I don't like teppanyaki all that much it gave me a great excuse to tell the wife;p

It’s odd that you couldn’t book it without a charge. Have you already made other bookings which use up your dining package credits?

I would be a little concerned that the dining package isn’t showing up otherwise, as you should certainly have been able to book it without charge if there are credits left. Is the dining package showing on your booking?

I booked teppanyaki using my dining package for my trip in September with no difficulty. I was also booking a couple of dinner shows that would have given me a discount if I used my dining package for them but I wanted to go to three restaurants using those and pay cash For the two dinner shows so I booked my three restaurants first before booking the two dinners shows and it correctly listed a balance due for the two dinners shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How are you getting that screen shot ? I just logged into my ncl and the 3 meal plan is £ 61.22 and does not include the 20% gratuity, this means it will cost £73.46 ( $96 ) total , how much is to purchase onboard,

How are you getting that screen shot ? I just logged into my ncl and the 3 meal plan is £ 61.22 and does not include the 20% gratuity, this means it will cost £73.46 ( $96 ) total , how much is to purchase onboard,

I’m away from a computer at the moment, but the £61.22 will include the gratuity. It costs $69 plus 20%, which works out at around £60 when converted into pounds.

I’m away from a computer at the moment, but the £61.22 will include the gratuity. It costs $69 plus 20%, which works out at around £60 when converted into pounds.

The £61.22 definitely does not include gratuity, it says so in the t&t’s ( sorry I don’t know how to add picture )

The £61.22 definitely does not include gratuity, it says so in the t&t’s ( sorry I don’t know how to add picture )

NCL T&Cs are notoriously unreliable. They say the same thing for me (that gratuities aren’t included).

Add it to your basket and see what amount ends up there. I bet it will just be the £61.22

If not then phone NCL and ask them why they are charging you so much more than anyone else for the package.

You can test that the price you are being charged is $68.95 plus 20% using the method in my first post you quoted.

Edited by KeithJenner