Explorer - ALASKA 6/8/18

One of the people in my group said they heard the fog horn this morning around 6 AM. He said it blew about every 10 minutes for close to an hour. He is a balcony cabin on deck 6 pretty far aft. I did not hear anything. I don’t know how I didn’t hear it and he did. Guess I was in deep sleep mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have VOOM. did the combo package with deluxe drink. i think i bought i when it was down to $42 a few months ago. Verizon is my carrier. Internet has been great. no issues at all so far.

There are more people than i expected in the pool and the hot tubs are in full action already at 10 am. We are not pool people so i can’t comment too much in this area.

We hate leaving the dogs behind, they are in good hands with our dog sitter and family so that makes it easier.

We are considering purchasing this same package for our cruise in August. Are there any restrictions or limitations on what drinks you can order. I cannot find a description with any details. Thanks in advance for your insight.

The only limitation is there is a $12 cap on the drinks included in the package at no charge. So if you were to get a glass of wine that was $13 you would get a $1.18 charged to your account - the amount over $12 plus the 18% gratuity. The majority of drinks are $12 & under.

The only limitation is there is a $12 cap on the drinks included in the package at no charge. So if you were to get a glass of wine that was $13 you would get a $1.18 charged to your account - the amount over $12 plus the 18% gratuity. The majority of drinks are $12 & under.

That's helpful, thanks!

Didn’t say much about Victoria... in victoria we didn’t have any excursions booked. We just roamed around the town. It was about a 35 min walk from dock into town. We stopped by fisherman’s wharf and walked into town past the legislative buildings. We ate lunch at a great place called Finn’s - food was amazing!! We browsed through some of the shops and headed toward the ship. We took the ferry (water taxi i think it was called) back to fisherman’s wharf which got us about half way back to the ship. Solstice was just arriving as we were watching for any runners lol [emoji23]

we did get the port valet luggage tags in the cabin on the last day. the paper said flights 2pm and later but our flight is 1:36 - no issues there.

I did have to go down to guest services to get luggage tags for the 2 carry on bags that we were not using with the port valet. I don’t recall anywhere on the form to note that there were more bags.

We had 8:30 meeting time in studio B then We got a lyft from port to SeaTac airport. It was around $30 and a 30 min ride. We were at the airport at 9:45 am.

The uber/Lyft pickup area was the farthest away from the terminal and was extremely hectic.

Thanks so much for all the info. Do you remember which bars were open on the first day? Did you try any new drinks or liquors? I’ve enjoyed seeing the drink menus. We are looking forward to trying some new types.

Bartender recommendation - Jose Trinidad at the R Bar. Best on the ship. Tell him Mark from Pittsburgh sent you. I guarantee he will still know what I drink. lol

I knew I was forgetting to ask you something and you just posted the answer to the question. We will definitely be stopping by to see Jose.

With the new policy, both wife and I have the deluxe package. I don’t drink as much as her and would be fine with the free Diamond drinks. We were on Vision a couple months ago and some bar tenders were allowing guests to purchase the deluxe package without requiring others in the same cabin to buy it. Did you see or hear this happening on Explorer?

Thanks so much for all the info. Do you remember which bars were open on the first day? Did you try any new drinks or liquors? I’ve enjoyed seeing the drink menus. We are looking forward to trying some new types.

I think that was on the boarding day compass that i posted for a complete list but i know for sure first hand of the following that were open the first day:

schooner

crown & kettle pub

tavern

R Bar

Pool Bar

Sky Bar

I tried a couple of the “drinks of the day.” The royal lemonade was pretty good and the Woo Hoo was decent. I think MaiTai was a drink of the day one day but i didn’t get it. They also made this mulled wine stuff that i didn’t personally try but one in our group did and said it wasn’t very good except for when she added some Sprite or something into it.

With the new policy, both wife and I have the deluxe package. I don’t drink as much as her and would be fine with the free Diamond drinks. We were on Vision a couple months ago and some bar tenders were allowing guests to purchase the deluxe package without requiring others in the same cabin to buy it. Did you see or hear this happening on Explorer?

I overheard someone at guest services trying to buy the drink package for only one person in the cabin but I left before there was an answer. I’ve heard rumors that they will allow 1 person get the deluxe and the other person to get the package below deluxe (forget what it’s called) but not the deluxe package for 1 and nothing for the other. It also may depend on what crew member you talk to.

I’ve heard rumors that they will allow 1 person get the deluxe and the other person to get the package below deluxe (forget what it’s called) but not the deluxe package for 1 and nothing for the other.

It’s called Refreshment, the unlimited non-alcoholic package that includes soda, premium coffee drinks, and bottled water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk