Explorer - ALASKA 6/8/18

Going to follow this one. We are planning doing Alaska again in 2020 with our son, a CMU grad and his family to mark our 50th....debating between Celebrity and Royal and Seattle and Vancouver departures. Leaning towards Vancouver so we can spend some extra time in Alaska post cruise...but 2020 is long way off so lets see what happens. Enjoy that liquid sunshine that falls from the sky in NW.

Thanks for the posts Mark. I will "see" you next Friday. While you are getting off, we will be getting on.

Thanks for posting the booze/beer menus. I didn't see my favorite, Blantons, on the sheet, but I did notice a few I would enjoy if I cant find the Blantons.

Enjoy your week.

We are in 9308 just down the hall in August. Look forward to your posts. My family lived in Pittsburgh, I went to high school at Mt. Lebanon. Love to go back to visit from time to time. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! Awesome! We live real close to Mt Lebo.

Moon Twp Area

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ll let you know if I notice the horn. We are in a junior suite 9318 - middle on the hump.

Husband and me brought her from Sydney to Seattle arriving in Seattle on may 14th and we were in that exact room for 23 wonderful days. Nice room and great location.

I’ll let you know if I notice the horn. We are in a junior suite 9318 - middle on the hump.

We were in that room for the transpacific crossing arriving in Seattle on may 14th, nice room, great location.

Following along, we will be on Explorer in the South Pacific this coming February.

Would like to hear about the suite perks, we will be in an owners suite for 14 days.

Have to agree with the Fly Eagles Fly, living outside of Philadelphia! 🦅🍸

Following along, we will be on Explorer in the South Pacific this coming February.

Would like to hear about the suite perks, we will be in an owners suite for 14 days.

We are in JS so only suite perk was the priority embarking. We usually do a GS or OS though. I will miss the suite breakfast and lunch in chops/coastal , suite lounge and the priority disembark the most i think. You can’t go wrong with an owners suite for sure!

Eagerly following your thread.

11 weeks till we sail.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh, we live about 45 miles to the west of you--------- north of another steel town in Ohio......Youngstown.

Will visit Kennywood the end of month on a hospital picnic.

Safe travels to you.

Eagerly following your thread.

11 weeks till we sail.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh, we live about 45 miles to the west of you--------- north of another steel town in Ohio......Youngstown.

Will visit Kennywood the end of month on a hospital picnic.

Safe travels to you.

No problem Lioness - thx for following. I played baseball in Youngstown for 2 years for the Youngstown Astro Falcons. Small world. I think i could make that drive in my sleep!

Thank you for sharing. We board Explorer on June 22 for our first Alaska cruise and look forward to your "live" review.

I have no problem leaving work behind, but leaving our two pups is always the most difficult of any cruise.

Did you get the Voom internet package or using cell data? If Voom, how has the service been? If cell, who is your carrier?

Do you mind taking pics of the daily cruise planners? We are curious what kind of shows and events will be available. We normally hang out at the pool almost every day, but I don't think that's going to happen this time around.

Thanks again!

We have VOOM. did the combo package with deluxe drink. i think i bought i when it was down to $42 a few months ago. Verizon is my carrier. Internet has been great. no issues at all so far.

There are more people than i expected in the pool and the hot tubs are in full action already at 10 am. We are not pool people so i can’t comment too much in this area.

We hate leaving the dogs behind, they are in good hands with our dog sitter and family so that makes it easier.