Pier 91 in Seattle, off Celebrity Solstice to Seatac, quickest way please?

lozzie64

Hi all, I am hoping off Solstice on Friday 14th, but I can't tell what time I am due to get off???????????? I am in a Sky Suite, does that make a difference? I can take my own luggage off as well. I am going straight to Seatac to fly to LAX, either Business or First Class. I am Australian and will try and arrange pre TSA if that's possible? There is a 10.35am American Airlines flight I would love to be on otherwise I will have to wait till 1.30pm. I have been told somewhere a few months ago but can't remember where that this is not enough time to get off the boat with a tonne of people and get to the airport and check in for flight, without risking missing it??? I can't get the luggage allowance I need on Air Alaska, but it sounds like they are very busy at check in anyway? I need 2 x 32kgs. Should I arrange a porter for getting off the boat to get to the taxi queue quicker? Should I arrange for my agent to organise prebooked transport, but I don't know what time for??? I would like the quickest, fastest way. Should I book the 1.30pm flight and see if I get there a lot earlier if they will bump me to the 10.35? I would prefer Lounge Access if have to wait at Seatac. I believe I can get this on American Airlines as a Qantas Gold Member?

Lots and lots of questions for about 6 hours in my life on the 14th, thanks everyone.

You can't get those bags on Alaska Airlines for free but you can pay extra and they'll take them.

However, you say you're an Aussie. Flying to LAX. Trying to get back home? Which airline?

Alaska is a partner airline with Qantas. The ongoing flight baggage rules on Qantas would override Alaska's baggage weight restrictions. were you to book Alaska from SEA to LAX, then Qantas from LAX onward. Alaska has 4 flights between 9AM and noon to LAX

Yes, you should get a porter.

If first class on Alaska that does give you lounge access. AS only has FC and economy. FC also has it's check in counter. 2 bags free in FC. TSA Pre-check is probably out of the question but I believe it is also a FC perk with AS.

I am only flying to LAX for the weekend, then heading to Salt Lake City. The website I was checking the other day was not showing 2 bags free for FC, but it could have been for a discounted airfare. Alaska would work better time wise, but I will have one case at about 28-29kgs by then and one duffle possibly about 10-15 kgs to check in. Will need to check back on Alaska Air by looks of things. I am considering also the back check through if I get an after 11am flight? But not sure yet if this is available. Thanks.

Last week we were off the Explorer and at SeaTac at 8:15. Celebrity was disembarking at the same time. We walked off at 7:10, through Immigration (US passports) and walked out to taxi line. Never a guarantee but you may have no trouble making that flight.

Hi

I would say that if you are not concerned that you MAY have to rebook onto a later flight that morning, then go for it.

As was said you MAY not have a problem catching the early flight, but there is the possibility. If you are delayed at all, you could end up in heavier traffic.

good luck

have a great cruise

If you self disembark, you will have to take all your luggage off the ship yourself -- no help for anyone. And once ashore, the porters are also not allowed to help you to the taxi stand.

If you don't self disembark, once off the ship you will have a hard time getting a porter as there are very few of them at pier 91.

Can someone please explain how the Porter Service works? I am not too worried about cost. I just want best streamlining to get to the airport ASAP. I have some shopping I want to do in LA that afternoon! Thanks.

Can someone please explain how the Porter Service works? I am not too worried about cost. I just want best streamlining to get to the airport ASAP. I have some shopping I want to do in LA that afternoon! Thanks.

Hi

Once you are off the ship and in the terminal area, you look for a porter who is free. They would take care of your luggage while you pass through customs and would unload them at the taxi or ground transport area.

hope this helps

Sorry, now I am confused. So the Porter is free? The previous message from Krazy Cruisers says once off the boat there is no help available from the Porters, but Nic6318 says when I get off the boat in to the terminal I look for a Porter? Are there trolleys that you push yourself available as soon as you step off the boat? I am now leaning towards getting them to do an airline drop for me, it sounds easier when you are in a hurry. I need a solid plan in advance so I can relax about it all.