Caribbean Princess photo review 2018 : Suite and sour

scubacruiserx2

Thanks! We did have a nice day in Animal Kingdom yesterday. We managed to miss the storms in the area, just a little bit of light rain. We did not manage to miss the heat and humidity. We still had fun, and by leaving a bit earlier than we had originally planned, we missed the storms we saw in our rear view mirror as we were driving home.

It's great to hear that you had a nice day in the Animal Kingdom .

The heat and humidity and crowds are the reason that we avoid the parks in Summer except Blizzard Beach or Typoon Lagoon .

PICT0775_zps01ca6dbb.jpg

DSC03730_zpsxbsiijzj.jpg

DSC02141_zpsu1ljqexm.jpg

DSC02120_zpshyxawy9s.jpg

And when is starts getting hot , crowded , tiresome or rainy , we head out for lunch or a swim in the pool at the resort .

DSC0223120Stitch-001_zpsbg9lhxid.jpg

As we were leaving the Norwegian Museum we saw our friends from the ship Larry and Diane . They had a local friend with them who told us that there would be a seafood festival held in a shopping area near the cruise ship called Aker Bryyge .

IMG_6226-001_zps12e4ef27.jpg

Some tents were set up where local chef's were preparing snacks and lunch

IMG_6245-001_zps15b26a88.jpg

Seafood display

IMG_6234-001_zps1a00c71d.jpg

After nosing around for a bit were drawn to some spicy scampi and a pizza - like bread . It was great !

IMG_6240-001_zps20d6b0e7.jpg

After walking around the mall we returned to the waterfront with this view of the Legend tied up in front of Akershus Castle.

IMG_6260-001_zps2bfd3113.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

That would be nice ! Have you made any plans for Norway ? :):D

Not yet, waiting to get through the VERY busy summer months at the resort and then will go into high gear working on next Spring's trip......but you have given me so many ideas it won't be difficult to plan!

It's great to hear that you had a nice day in the Animal Kingdom .

The heat and humidity and crowds are the reason that we avoid the parks in Summer except Blizzard Beach or Typoon Lagoon .

PICT0775_zps01ca6dbb.jpg

DSC03730_zpsxbsiijzj.jpg

DSC02141_zpsu1ljqexm.jpg

DSC02120_zpshyxawy9s.jpg

And when is starts getting hot , crowded , tiresome or rainy , we head out for lunch or a swim in the pool at the resort .

DSC0223120Stitch-001_zpsbg9lhxid.jpg

Am I correct in thinking that's a younger Tyler in those pictures? And does that BCD and pony bottle he's wearing in the first picture mean that you were able to do some sort of diving in one of the water parks?

I have done the Scuba Quest dive in the Living Seas aquarium in Epcot, and enjoyed that far more than I ever thought I would.

Not yet, waiting to get through the VERY busy summer months at the resort and then will go into high gear working on next Spring's trip......but you have given me so many ideas it won't be difficult to plan!

We thought that it might be slower in the summer at the resort. There is a lot to do and see in Norway and the water falls should be very busy with the snow melt ! :):D

Am I correct in thinking that's a younger Tyler in those pictures? And does that BCD and pony bottle he's wearing in the first picture mean that you were able to do some sort of diving in one of the water parks?

I have done the Scuba Quest dive in the Living Seas aquarium in Epcot, and enjoyed that far more than I ever thought I would.

Yes , the picture of Tyler was at Shark Reef in Tyhoon Lagoon where they had a second pool for scuba rental - but you aren't allowed to submerge . We also have dove Dive Quest but they we cleaning it and it was a little murky . We also took his younger brother , Timothy , on the same trip and they were at surf school in the second picture .

DSC03778_zpsckrfquvd.jpg

The last 2 photos we last year for Pat's birthday and Tyler surfed the wave pool on the 4th of July last year . :cool:

DSC02143_zpsn3yitgvn.jpg

DSC02292_zpstlchaxks.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I think I may need to go back to Typhoon Lagoon! It has been years since we have been there. I have snorkeled in the shark lagoon there, but I don't remember ever seeing a scuba option.

I'm surprised they were cleaning Dive Quest while you were in there. Usually at Disney those tasks are " magically" competed when no one is around. It was absolutely beautiful when I was there.

I think I may need to go back to Typhoon Lagoon! It has been years since we have been there. I have snorkeled in the shark lagoon there, but I don't remember ever seeing a scuba option.

I'm surprised they were cleaning Dive Quest while you were in there. Usually at Disney those tasks are " magically" competed when no one is around. It was absolutely beautiful when I was there.

We didn't go to Shark Reef last year and I saw this article saying that it would be closed.

https://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20160915/32188/big-changes-coming-walt-disney-world-s-water-parks

shark-reef-00-600x338.jpg

So , we're not sure if they are still open . I don't remember if they advertised the scuba option . We walked past a Tiki hut near the entrance and saw the gear laid out and so we rented it for Tyler and Pat while I snorkeled with Timothy , who was too young to use the gear .

The photo is from the article

We had dinner at Steamers on our second night which was an informal way to dine on a formal night. Cruise Critic has a nice review here with photos :

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2887

Sample menus

DSC02692-002_zps8k0yazng.jpg

f3c0784b-cd40-452c-922c-686de42e5766_zps0q0rkukt.jpg

We started with ceviche which was small but good . Pat liked the spreads that came with the rolls but I requested butter . The salad was OK but the soup was more to our taste . :D

Pat had the mussels , Tyler the clams and I had a Fried dinner which was on the menu in the place of the broiled dinner . It had "torpedo shrimp" which I liked , a fish filet which was OK and a fish cake which I didn't care for . Pat and Tyler both added lobster tail (cold water ) and crab for $ 10 more each . Pat enjoyed her meal and so did Tyler who also liked Pat's mussels surprisingly , which she shared with him .

Steamers-001_zpsri1efkvt.jpg

We all enjoyed the Key Lime pie in a Mason jar which was good but far from the best that we've ever eaten . We had water to drink and the service was very good . The bill was a total of $ 56 .

It had been a year for us and 2 years since Tyler last dove , We had packed our gear and we were a bit nervous in anticipation of the morning's dive . As the rear elevator doors opened and we boarded , something had been added !!! :loudcry:

IMG_6439_zpsi2sp4gp0.jpg

An advertisement for Shark week