Caribbean Princess photo review 2018 : Suite and sour

scubacruiserx2

No cruises booked . A happy 4th to everyone and be safe !

ba5bd181-a43b-46f5-b7f2-647434aa0c93_zpsdy99kbet.jpg

Pat thinks that the fireworks are for her birthday ( yesterday ) . She can now draw Social Security . :D

Happy 4th of July to you two too!! And belated Happy Birthday to Pat!!! :D You should have come to Vero for the 4th!!!

Happy 4th of July to you two too!! And belated Happy Birthday to Pat!!! :D You should have come to Vero for the 4th!!!

Duh , why didn't we think of that ? Maybe next year or later this summer for a getaway I'll try to post some photos from Stavanger in a little . :cool:

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Pat! Hope it was a good one!

I thought the fireworks were for me, though. My birthday is Friday. I guess that means we share the fireworks. :D

There are plenty of fireworks to go around !

An afternoon thunder storm / power spike took out my computer and our 6th night of fireworks from out neighbors went past midnight last night ! :( We expect more tonight and on your birthday and Saturday .;)

We hope that you have a great birthday !!!

Have really enjoyed your review and style of posting...a few pictures at a time, a little description and time in between for posters to respond

much appreciated for posters who have , uh, short attention spans...;p

and I realize not all posters can keep coming back ...

Joe and Pat,

So glad to see you back with us and still cruising!

Hope to see you sometime soon. Jeff and I are noob-ing it on an Royal Caribbean TA in October/November this year. Will be back on the CB in August 2019 for a Canada cruise, which includes Greenland. Hoping the ship will be able to make those ports!

Again, good to see you back.

Melissa

Mic - Hugs to you and Rosie!

Abby - Hugs to you and Glenn!

There are plenty of fireworks to go around !

An afternoon thunder storm / power spike took out my computer and our 6th night of fireworks from out neighbors went past midnight last night ! :( We expect more tonight and on your birthday and Saturday .;)

We hope that you have a great birthday !!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! We are heading to WDW tomorrow, so hoping the storms that have been knocking out both of our computers will stay away. Unfortunately, from the reports I have seen it seems like we will be getting wet, and we won't even need to go on any water rides to do it!

So far the fireworks have been pretty quiet here, but I'm expecting more this weekend. Hope your neighborhood quiets down soon!

Have really enjoyed your review and style of posting...a few pictures at a time, a little description and time in between for posters to respond

much appreciated for posters who have , uh, short attention spans...;p

and I realize not all posters can keep coming back ...

Thanks and op's have short attention spans too . ;)

Outstanding review! Love the pics and level of detail. Great style. (And thanks for the bathroom photo cred back at the beginning!)

Thank you . You have some great reviews with wit and humor , proof that there are still pirates in the Caribbean . And thank you for 'sharing' your photos . :cool:

Joe and Pat,

So glad to see you back with us and still cruising!

Hope to see you sometime soon. Jeff and I are noob-ing it on an Royal Caribbean TA in October/November this year. Will be back on the CB in August 2019 for a Canada cruise, which includes Greenland. Hoping the ship will be able to make those ports!

Again, good to see you back.

Melissa

Mic - Hugs to you and Rosie!

Abby - Hugs to you and Glenn!

And thank you for dropping in! It's nice to be back , and see the great , cooler cruises that you have planned . :)

Stavanger is the 3rd largest city in Norway .

IMG_5456-001_zps77c9a92b.jpg

We went for a quite walk among the houses above overlooking the ship

IMG_5466-002_zps6fb2ba14.jpg

And at the fish market Pat bought a Norwegian designed sweater at a good price ( made in China ) .

IMG_5511-001_zps02203038.jpg

As always your photos are wonderful and make me wish April was much sooner than it is!!!! :D:D

Thanks for the birthday wishes! We are heading to WDW tomorrow, so hoping the storms that have been knocking out both of our computers will stay away. Unfortunately, from the reports I have seen it seems like we will be getting wet, and we won't even need to go on any water rides to do it!

So far the fireworks have been pretty quiet here, but I'm expecting more this weekend. Hope your neighborhood quiets down soon!

Happy Birthday Nancy ! :*

We did have the thunder boomers and rain yesterday and last night - but no fireworks ;p

We hope that Barry and you have a great time at WDW !

As always your photos are wonderful and make me wish April was much sooner than it is!!!!

And while we can't speed up time , we can give you some ideas of things to do and see .

We booked a fjord tour boat and the crowd was getting restless .

IMG_5522-001_zps3311484b.jpg

We were going to Pulpit Rock and this map was posted on the ship.

P1040807-001_zps2db02325.jpg

There is a commentary in Norwegian and English

IMG_5531-001_zps59f56b4d.jpg

We didn't see too many seals because the boat moves fast and the seal teams are masters of camouflage. There are 4 hidden in this picture.

IMG_5548-001_zpsf1a874c0.jpg

As we got closer to the main attraction , Pulpit Rock - we realized that we were not the only boat .

IMG_5655-002_zpsa46736d5.jpg

And here it is towering at 1982 feet above - Pulpit Rock !

IMG_5643-001_zpsefaaf812.jpg

I must say that we preferred some of the other scenery like Hengjanefossen with a 400 meter fall.

IMG_5676-002_zpsf58318eb.jpg

On this video we approach the waterfall

A little closer to the falls

This is the other boat leaving the falls.

IMG_5713-002_zpsqrmmtvmt.jpg

The smoking troll

P1040809-001_zpsd752e5ad.jpg

Our Vista Suite on the Legend .

P1040802-002_zps6bb2b0fa.jpg

Happy Birthday Nancy ! :*

We did have the thunder boomers and rain yesterday and last night - but no fireworks ;p

We hope that Barry and you have a great time at WDW !

Thanks! We did have a nice day in Animal Kingdom yesterday. We managed to miss the storms in the area, just a little bit of light rain. We did not manage to miss the heat and humidity! :eek:We still had fun, and by leaving a bit earlier than we had originally planned, we missed the storms we saw in our rear view mirror as we were driving home.

We have a little of that this morning . ;)

Goodness, fireworks can be nice but cause more trouble than they are worth. Apart from the noise on more than the designated night, there are all the accidents and pets getting distressed or running off, there can be many more detrimental side effects as well. We still have firework displays put on for sanctioned events only now, otherwise it is illegal here.:D

Love the Stavanger photos, we did the same cruise down the fiord when we were there, brings back many memories. I do agree that much of the waterfalls and other scenery was very impressive and Pulpit rock was made to look just like a one of many other beautiful vistas.

Wow!! I shared this thread on the TA & F'jord's roll call threads....I know they will appreciate it as much as I do....

Thank you Gracie . Norway is beautiful but cool and rainy . An exception occured when we hit Oslo . It was sunny and warm !

We were next to the Akershus Castle

IMG_6342-001_zps7d0a55c2.jpg

One of the cannons were pointed at our balcony

IMG_6335-001_zps99d47b67.jpg

We took a HoHo bus and the first stop for us was the Vigeland sculptures

IMG_5969-001_zps0fe41f52.jpg

It was so clear and warm that many shed their clothes

IMG_6024-003_zpscf054999.jpg

IMG_5984-001_zps6bf5200d.jpg

IMG_6058-001_zpsc4b48920.jpg

Love the Stavanger photos, we did the same cruise down the fiord when we were there, brings back many memories. I do agree that much of the waterfalls and other scenery was very impressive and Pulpit rock was made to look just like a one of many other beautiful vistas.

We would have loved to climb the Rock but didn't have the time or energy after the cruise . ;);)