Question about price for those willing to share....

clivey

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

While not 'young' nor a 'millennial' X has attracted me and others in my demographic to the ship before the blocks were in the house....

I think X, as many other lines, are trying to attract those who are seeking a 'better' on-board experience without the amusement park attachment to the ship.

bon voyage

Yes Bo I think you are on target.

I have made a lot of jokes about the entertainment.... but for those of us who have cruised quite a bit... there is a formula for the entertainment.... especially lately. There is the singer with the cruise band backing up, the comedian, the specialty act... the magician, juggler or ventriloquist who tells jokes and the tribute band (Motown, Beatles, Jersey boy type etc)... along with the production shows... create a story linking popular music... with plenty of dancing. So for a change... the new stuff should be interesting... perhaps a bit weird ... but "rock n roll" was weird at one time as well.

I do think the ship is designed to expand their market. There seems to be less concern about an older demographic (no library, card room... no shuffle board (I jest) or mini golf) and lots of techie stuff.... lights are not neon but LED.... but the rhythmic flashing lights (in the atrium, by the pool, solarium) high definition screens in The Club and Theater make me think of the techno concerts my nephew flies across the country to attend. So I do think it is targeting a younger crowd... who are used to constant sensory stimulation from iphones the jumbotrons at stadiums etc. Even the gym has the latest tech oriented bikes and other programs that fit into this audience.  Now I am perfectly happy sitting someplace quiet reading a book while being immersed  in the sound of the ocean. But a cruise line does not make much money off of someone simply enjoying being at sea.  I am looking forward to experiencing the entertainment... but I am prepared that it may be a one and done on this ship. I just hope they wait a bit before replicating across the fleet. I would really miss losing the Sky Lounge on the S class. 

In the meantime... prices on the maiden sailings has slipped a bit more... but still above what I paid for E3 in April '18... but not by much... (extra $130/pp)