Question about price for those willing to share....

clivey

I don't mind sharing, we booked Summer Savings promo last May with cruise line...$7,200 (inc taxes and fees) for an S2 with a $300 OBC, gratuities, wifi and beverage pkg , but i'm not sure what comes with the S2 to begin with anymore.

We booked an S2 on the Equinox in Feb for $7600 and all perks and $600.00 OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Recent posts on main CC Celeb board...re pricing. Thought it might be of interest here..PRICES CLIMBING...YIKES!

Originally posted by miched

Be prepared for sticker shock. We booked a AQ for the Edge the first day they were available while sailing. The cost at that time was $1749 pp, with the Go better for a 7 day cruise plus $104 tax. The Sky Suites were a whole lot more. I am sure it was close to $7000 for both of us.

Since then prices have seemed to keep increasing and almost doubled.

Happy cruising
emoji305.pngemoji568.pngemoji631.pngemoji560.png

Replied to by Oneputt:

Priced Aqua on the Edge, 7 day Caribbean in March 2020, with taxes and port fees it was $6800 and only 1 perk.

In April we booked one of the maiden cruises 3E cabin $1999/pp with 2 perks. Priced 3E cabin early July it was $2479/pp with one perk.... just checked again and one of the few remaining 3E is now $2189/pp with one perk. None of these include taxes. I noticed that prices for the next cruise using the same intinerary ....which also fell over new years... was much much higher as were other cruises in Jan...one reason... cabins are selling out.. but for reference 3E cabin for Dec 30th sailing is a guaranteed cabin for a mere $4000/pp. So hold on to your wallets... I guess they have dropped the price on earlier maiden cruise to make sure it is a sell out. (I used an online site to check prices)

Very interesting...hopeful for future prices we can afford. :)

We did well with a booking in AQ for Jan 2019, for an E Carib 7 day trip....but a few months later, we were priced out of AQ for a longer ABC cruise in Nov 2019.

We are trying a Sunset Veranda and the MDR plan...something new to look forward to...it was not a bargain but less than AQ fare which seems to be a desired booking right now,

At the end of April we booked an 11 night cruise on Edge for next August (have to go peak season and it is our 25th anniversary so wanted something special). We booked an E2 IV cabin and were given a Classic Drinks package as a perk. We have booked a 3 night stay in the Empire Palace Rome before the cruise, both flights and all 3 private transfers with Celebrity.

The cost we pay is £7,865, though the TA gave us a discount of £260 off that. ($10,137 minus discount of $335)

Have just priced it up again and at the moment with the free drinks package and free WiFi the same holiday is coming out at £9,585 !!!! ($12,355)

That is some price increase in such a short time !!!!!! :eek:

And we thought that the original was expensive !

At the end of April we booked an 11 night cruise on Edge for next August (have to go peak season and it is our 25th anniversary so wanted something special). We booked an E2 IV cabin and were given a Classic Drinks package as a perk. We have booked a 3 night stay in the Empire Palace Rome before the cruise, both flights and all 3 private transfers with Celebrity.

The cost we pay is £7,865, though the TA gave us a discount of £260 off that. ($10,137 minus discount of $335)

Have just priced it up again and at the moment with the free drinks package and free WiFi the same holiday is coming out at £9,585 !!!! ($12,355)

That is some price increase in such a short time !!!!!! :eek:

And we thought that the original was expensive !

Our IB went up 40% inside of four (4) months... we were happy we booked earlier along with 18 others in our group. There are a few who chose to wait and now I think it is more than what they can afford to pay... 'Early Bird Gets..' but then there are times on X when the hare can win, too... Booking The Edge is NOT one of those times..

bon voyage

Our IB went up 40% inside of four (4) months... we were happy we booked earlier along with 18 others in our group. There are a few who chose to wait and now I think it is more than what they can afford to pay... 'Early Bird Gets..' but then there are times on X when the hare can win, too... Booking The Edge is NOT one of those times..

bon voyage

We always book very early (cruise next week on Connie was booked in April last year due to the cruise on Reflection in January 2017 being cancelled!)

We always wonder, however, if we book too early ---------- this time I think we made the right choice ! 25th anniversary or not there is NO way that we would have paid the current price for the cruise. We are obviously meant to be on her next August :D

Off to enjoy being the Early Bird and the Tortoise this time ;)

We booked our March 19 Edge sailing in March 17, glad we did since prices have doubled. Does Celebrity price match? The prices went down about $300pp on our upcoming Nov cruise with Azamara and they refunded the difference. If Celebrity does the same, then there is no worry about booking to early in case of price drops closer to sailing.

We booked our March 19 Edge sailing in March 17, glad we did since prices have doubled. Does Celebrity price match? The prices went down about $300pp on our upcoming Nov cruise with Azamara and they refunded the difference. If Celebrity does the same, then there is no worry about booking to early in case of price drops closer to sailing.

They used to price match in the UK but not sure what they do now.

We always book very early (cruise next week on Connie was booked in April last year due to the cruise on Reflection in January 2017 being cancelled!)

We always wonder, however, if we book too early ---------- this time I think we made the right choice ! 25th anniversary or not there is NO way that we would have paid the current price for the cruise. We are obviously meant to be on her next August :D

Off to enjoy being the Early Bird and the Tortoise this time ;)

I agree, I try to always book early as far as two (2) years in advance if something is out there we want... with The Edge in the mix, we will have to do that now if we want her...

bon voyage

The only way I know if I got a good price is to compare. Nice to hear what others have paid... but usually I just have to track prices over time myself. I am retired and used to do quite a bit of analysis for work...so now I study pricing.... or at least I do on ships and itineraries I am interested in.

I do the same thing. Over the years, I have been able to get a reasonably good deals by tracking. There is always someone who will get a better deal and I say kudos to them. I always find it helpful to hear how someone else got a their package, it helps me to learn how to get a better deal. That's what I think is so great about this forum.

Watch the website or other well known sites that track prices. If they drop the price below what you paid (make sure to compare apples to apples) before final payment date you can get them to adjust your reservation to the new lower price. But only before final payment. This will not happen anytime soon on Edge sailings particularly for those that booked very early and got great prices (relatively speaking).

This will not happen anytime soon on Edge sailings particularly for those that booked very early and got great prices (relatively speaking).

Glad you said, relatively speaking, I am stunned at how high the prices are at the minute !

I’ve received the price drop on Celebrity but you may lose perks so be careful. You get the present perk offers with the present price. I made that mistake once when booking online and not checking it closely enough. If the perks are worth more than the drop in price (and you want those perks), you may want to stick with what you have.

The only way I know if I got a good price is to compare. Nice to hear what others have paid... but usually I just have to track prices over time myself. I am retired and used to do quite a bit of analysis for work...so now I study pricing.... or at least I do on ships and itineraries I am interested in.

A person after my own heart. I too track prices... the sales are so deceiving that the only way to know if you got a good price is to study pricing for the same cruise, same grade cabin over time. I usually pick an itinerary or two and then if the price is within range of being a good price I will strike. I have started trying to determine if you really do get a good deal booking early. Not really sure you do... in some cases yes... but not always. I think I have generally done fairly well by tracking. But if you like a particular type of cabin, are restricted on when you can travel.. then booking early is still probably the best option... but if you are retired and like doing the analysis... and are flexible on ship, itinerary and timing... then you can get good deals by holding off and studying. Last minute cruises during hurricane season and after school starts seem to be the best for late deals... and those weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.... Last year booked a 12 day Silhouette veranda cabin for $2000 in total including taxes... did that about 5 weeks prior to sailing... but it was in that post Thanksgiving time period. To be honest, now that I am retired... I have to analyze something... so it might as well be cruises:D

Edited by kearney
removed a second quote

A person after my own heart. I too track prices... the sales are so deceiving that the only way to know if you got a good price is to study pricing for the same cruise, same grade cabin over time. I usually pick an itinerary or two and then if the price is within range of being a good price I will strike. I have started trying to determine if you really do get a good deal booking early. Not really sure you do... in some cases yes... but not always. I think I have generally done fairly well by tracking. But if you like a particular type of cabin, are restricted on when you can travel.. then booking early is still probably the best option... but if you are retired and like doing the analysis... and are flexible on ship, itinerary and timing... then you can get good deals by holding off and studying. Last minute cruises during hurricane season and after school starts seem to be the best for late deals... and those weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.... Last year booked a 12 day Silhouette veranda cabin for $2000 in total including taxes... did that about 5 weeks prior to sailing... but it was in that post Thanksgiving time period. To be honest, now that I am retired... I have to analyze something... so it might as well be cruises:D

We're stuck with school holidays and as we always know what cabin we want and what ship / itinerary we tend to book early. To have the freedom to wait around a bit and watch more carefully will be a perk of retirement when we get there ! :-)

I looked back at past dozen cruises and noticed that on average I book 4 months out. With that in mind, I have not paid attention to whether or not a deposit is refundable. When I recently booked on board I noticed that because I chose future OBC that it was refundable. So I went and looked at the receipt for the upcoming Edge... which I booked through Celebrity. There is no mention on it about whether or not the deposit is refundable. Does anyone know what Celebrity policy is for cruises booked directly with them... and not on board. You would think that they would note whether it is refundable or not on the receipt.

We are on the May25th Amalfi and Greek Islands 11 day Cruise on The Edge. We totally lucked out. Purchased an all inclusive package for a C-2 (10198) that after was the cabins that were up-dated to :cool:AQ1. Air,transfers,2 days hotel in Rome,Go Best and additional $100 OBC. $5653 each including taxes. Our cabin is partially obstructed but small price to pay for what we got. We are a happy couple. :cool:

Edited by GIZMO81

We are on the May25th Amalfi and Greek Islands 11 day Cruise on The Edge. We totally lucked out. Purchased an all inclusive package for a C-2 (10198) that after was the cabins that were up-dated to :cool:AQ1. Air,transfers,2 days hotel in Rome,Go Best and additional $100 OBC. $5653 each including taxes. Our cabin is partially obstructed but small price to pay for what we got. We are a happy couple. :cool:

Sounds like a great deal and nice that you have Blu and the beautiful spa thermal suite for 11 days!

You know, I would not be surprised if the Dec 16 sailing has a price drop right around Sept 17. I looked on one of the online booking sites and counted around 135 veranda cabins still available. Current prices are high.. but if they don't move over the next few weeks... I would not be surprised to see them come closer to the prices I booked last April. They will want it at capacity for the maiden sailings... particularly with the CEO on board. So those interested in one of these initial sailings may want to track prices. I have not check the other maiden sailing... so it may be that returning home on Dec 23 might be an issue for some.

You know, I would not be surprised if the Dec 16 sailing has a price drop right around Sept 17. I looked on one of the online booking sites and counted around 135 veranda cabins still available. Current prices are high.. but if they don't move over the next few weeks... I would not be surprised to see them come closer to the prices I booked last April. They will want it at capacity for the maiden sailings... particularly with the CEO on board. So those interested in one of these initial sailings may want to track prices. I have not check the other maiden sailing... so it may be that returning home on Dec 23 might be an issue for some.

The 2 maiden voyages (12/9 and 12/16) both had some price drops this week of $100-$300 PP for verandas and more for some suites. The 12/16 Edge Villa was down $2000 PP (now only $15,799PP). Maybe it was just the sale of the week. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some price drops after final payment is due. I wish we could be more flexible with dates.