Question about price for those willing to share....

clivey

booked right after the sailings were released in March 2017 - we have an S2 for $2750pp out the door, includes port fees, GO BEST and they gave us $300 OBC. in addition, TA is giving us either $200 OBC, or we have the option to wait until the cruise is over and they will mail us a $200 check. we're taking the check :) looking at suite prices as they skyrocketed I thought this was a good deal, so i am hoping i'm right :)

I totally agree that this question has value. We booked the April TA on the 28 for an excellent price, especially since it is for 15 days. Did I think it was high...yes! Since it is an S1 sky suite, I won't go into details, but the highest price was double what we paid and then some. Our OBC was wonderful from our TA, but no other perks since I was one of the very first ones to book. However, we have MC for any of our drinks and we are not enthusiastic about alcohol, but do enjoy it at times! For us, the price was high, but it's a new ship with lots of new venues to use. I hope the Edge does not disappoint and cannot wait to hear from others about their experiences! Blu has some great cabins, own restaurant and added perks. If suites are too high, Blu is great!

I guess you hit a nerve with one poster...it happens!

Edited by Lastdance

Booked 2 days ago, which is earlier than we usually book, but new ship. Port side, great locations just a few cabins from elevators.

2/17/19 $1,779/pp, free gratuities & $100 OBC -- E2 Deck 8, Fore

2/24/19 $1,753/pp, free gratuities & $100 OBC -- E1 Deck 8, Midship bump out

Happy with pricing. Cabins listed as 'Clearance', so minimal perks and no b2b discount.

Booked 2 days ago, which is earlier than we usually book, but new ship. Port side, great locations just a few cabins from elevators.

2/17/19 $1,779/pp, free gratuities & $100 OBC -- E2 Deck 8, Fore

2/24/19 $1,753/pp, free gratuities & $100 OBC -- E1 Deck 8, Midship bump out

Happy with pricing. Cabins listed as 'Clearance', so minimal perks and no b2b discount.

Thanks for the information. That is a good price. we got E3 $1999/pp, free drinks and $300 OBC... for Dec inaugural cruise booked this May. It is currently $2549/pp with one perk. Pricey cruise relative to what we usually pay, but it will be the holidays and a new design... so I am eager to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the Edge in March 2017 while on a cruise. We booked at S1 for March 2019 cruise fare was $3124 pp with taxes and the go best package. Our total OBC from Celebrity is $550. Just looked at our sailing and a S1 is going for for $6430 pp with taxes and the go best package.

Checked EDGE pricing yesterday for various Carib itins.. mostly 2020, and could go for a reg balc next time.

Prices were way too high for our budget. Glad we booked AQ class for Jan 2019 when we did ..

We will keep looking.....prices do.fluctuate.

Checked EDGE pricing yesterday for various Carib itins.. mostly 2020, and could go for a reg balc next time.

Prices were way too high for our budget. Glad we booked AQ class for Jan 2019 when we did ..

We will keep looking.....prices do.fluctuate.

Let's hope when Beyond is introduced in the Spring of 2020, the Edge will become more affordable.

Booked last year for April 21 2019. S2 Sky suite, with $300 OBC, gratuity, WiFi, and beverage package for $5600 total for two people. Pretty sure we got a great deal, especially since the sky suites are sold out for our cruise now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Yes, I think you did get a good deal.. We definitely did for our AQ class cabin for 7 day E Carib, Jan 2019...

We just booked a 9 day EDGE ABC cruise for Nov 2019, sunset veranda for $2799 pp $ 5816...no tips or ins added in.....one perk..clasic Alcohol, no OBC,..and that was part of a $ 100 off promotion! With the higher prices, we are downwardly mobile but happy to try the Sunset Veranda.

Booked last year for April 21 2019. S2 Sky suite, with $300 OBC, gratuity, WiFi, and beverage package for $5600 total for two people. Pretty sure we got a great deal, especially since the sky suites are sold out for our cruise now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Great deal!

Yes, I think you did get a good deal.. We definitely did for our AQ class cabin for 7 day E Carib, Jan 2019...

We just booked a 9 day EDGE ABC cruise for Nov 2019, sunset veranda for $2799 pp $ 5816...no tips or ins added in.....one perk..clasic Alcohol, no OBC,..and that was part of a $ 100 off promotion! With the higher prices, we are downwardly mobile but happy to try the Sunset Veranda.

Good choice, IMO. I may book one onboard in Dec to get a better perks, if the sky suites are still sky high (pun intended). It will also depend upon how sweet the suite life is and if it is worth the cost.

We have an SV for our cabin crawl on the Dec 1 cruise so I will take lots of pictures. I'll also see what the aft life is like on the Edge on that Dec 1 cruise. Five months from today!!! :D

I booked a S1 cabin on the February 17, 2019 cruise last year on March 20, 2017. I am paying as a solo. The price today with a $800 discount is $5201 more than I paid!

Carolyn

Same here. Glad we booked when we did!

We booked while on cruise June 2017....going on March 31 - C2 with bev pack and $450 ob credit.....$1850 pp.....

Thanks to all who answered - the more information we have on pricing the better.

I booked last year too, I have an infinite veranda on the March 24, 2019 sailing. I paid $3100 total, and I got a $300 OBC. I am very happy with my price! I used part of my OBC to book the Jost Van Dyke excursion. We are looking forward to it!

I booked last year too, I have an infinite veranda on the March 24, 2019 sailing. I paid $3100 total, and I got a $300 OBC. I am very happy with my price! I used part of my OBC to book the Jost Van Dyke excursion. We are looking forward to it!

That is really good pricing! I am on the same sailing and started at a E2 infinity veranda but moved to A2 for 250 more! If we run into each other we should exchange TA info! Mine is very good IMO. My A2 is costing a total of 3600 plus 2 perks and TA obc!

We're on the same ailing and paid $4200 for Aqua A1 w/ Go Better pkg. We booked back in March 2017. Its insane to me how high the fares are for Edge sailings now!

I re booked in the fall of 2017 and wanted to do the upgrade to A1 as that is part of Captain club perks but I didn't like the location of what was left.

Prices are insane and I probably won't sail again on Edge until it goes back down. I like to stay in the mid 2K in terms of pricing which is what I usually pay for reg balcony on S class 7 day cruise :)

I've seen prices as high as $3800 for an A1 on our March 24th cruise, which means the prices have nearly doubled since we booked! I know Edge is the latest "must have" but come on Celebrity... Making money is understandable, but this seems a bit extreme. When broken down, that puts the cost around $571/day now vs $301/day we booked! Our upcoming sailing on Azamara is costing $410/day for comparison. For the prices Celebrity is charging you can sail some high-end ships that are a class above and still come out ahead. Hopefully after 2019 and/or the 2nd Edge class ship comes out the prices will drop to something close to the S Class ships ( I expect Edge ships to be a little more since they are new ships). This is all just my opinion though. :)

I've seen prices as high as $3800 for an A1 on our March 24th cruise, which means the prices have nearly doubled since we booked! I know Edge is the latest "must have" but come on Celebrity... Making money is understandable, but this seems a bit extreme. When broken down, that puts the cost around $571/day now vs $301/day we booked! Our upcoming sailing on Azamara is costing $410/day for comparison. For the prices Celebrity is charging you can sail some high-end ships that are a class above and still come out ahead. Hopefully after 2019 and/or the 2nd Edge class ship comes out the prices will drop to something close to the S Class ships ( I expect Edge ships to be a little more since they are new ships). This is all just my opinion though. :)

Very high prices indeed but Celebrity as a business will get whatever the market is willing to pay. Every consumer has a choice to pay or wait until inevitably prices come down as you say when Edge class is not such a novelty. Edge is a new ship in a new class of ships so some find that very appealing and choose to pay for the initial experience (like me).

Please don't misunderstand, I am very excited to sail on Edge in March. You make an excellent point that everyone gets to decide if they are willing to pay the prices Celebrity is asking. But for me personally, when prices exceed lower level suite prices on S Class, or similar cabins on Luxury lines like Oceana or Azamara it's hard to justify. Plus, we like to stay within a certain budget so we can take more than one vacation annually.

With Celebrity "Revolutionizing" the entire fleet, can we expect to see large price increases across the fleet? They are making a huge investment and will need to recoup.

Please don't misunderstand, I am very excited to sail on Edge in March. You make an excellent point that everyone gets to decide if they are willing to pay the prices Celebrity is asking. But for me personally, when prices exceed lower level suite prices on S Class, or similar cabins on Luxury lines like Oceana or Azamara it's hard to justify. Plus, we like to stay within a certain budget so we can take more than one vacation annually.

With Celebrity "Revolutionizing" the entire fleet, can we expect to see large price increases across the fleet? They are making a huge investment and will need to recoup.

Your last question is mine as well. Let's hope things settle down as they get a couple of E Class ships out there. After one or two of the other ships are "Revolutionized" there will likely at least be some good deals (relatively speaking) on the non-Edge, non-Revolutionized ships until they go through the refurb. Prices staying up will depend upon many factors, such as whether the Edge ships are well-received by early cruisers or not and whether the Revolution of ships takes away some of the key things cherished by X cruisers or adds things that make the ship more desirable, as well as the economy, etc.

When it is all said and done, my guess is that we will have a new norm with Celebrity: modernized ships, with a somewhat bigger price tag, but hopefully not like Edge pricing right now.

You are all probably correct in the general direction (higher) of Celebrity pricing. But there are a lot of ships and cruise lines out there so I don't expect Celebrity to be too crazy in their pricing strategy given a very competitive market. They need to refurbish their old ships just to stay competitive at current market price points. On every cruise line new ships, particularly first in class, will be more expensive at first. One should just wait a couple of years if the brand-new ship experience is not worth over paying.

I think Celebrity is trying to regain the premium mantel from Royal. I used to get a good price on Oasis class ships... but I have noticed that it has been cheaper to sail on Celebrity. I am talking basic ocean view veranda... near back elevator... nothing fancy. We signed up for Dec Edge sailing, frankly against my better judgement... I wanted to wait for the newness to fade a bit... and to hear some real reviews but DH enjoyed the last holiday cruise. I am excited about the new ship, but have some thoughts that some of the new items may not be as popular in reality as they are in concept. If I am correct the ship may disappoint some. If you like the solitude of an ocean view balcony cabin... you likely won't have that on the starboard side.. or at least that is the risk with the Magic Carpet being used as restaurant and bar. Also the view forward and aft from some cabins on that side are also impacted by the large jut out. While I burn too easily to be able to sit out on a balcony for anything more than a few minutes... the infinite and other verandas (except a few suites) really won't have that sun exposure... you are for all practical purposes sitting on a porch. Nice for me but perhaps not so much for others. So once the ship has been out a while... we will see if these differences impact demand. Now the increase in specialty restaurant prices... well that kills it for me. We experienced Murano last cruise and that frankly was one of the only times I have felt that a specialty restaurant was worth the premium.... and we did get that on sale. Lastly one of the reasons we loved Equinox, Silhouette and Eclipse was the Sky Lounge... what a great place to watch departure and to meet other Elite cruisers during Captains Club cocktail hour. Now it appears to experience this view...you need to be in a suite.. that is one of the things I missed on Oasis class... was the lack of Viking lounge (now for suite occupants)... I was in product management so I understand the benefit of catering to the suit residents... they do pay a premium... but that does not mean I like losing the benefits experienced on previous cruises.

booked right after the sailings were released in March 2017 - we have an S2 for $2750pp out the door, includes port fees, GO BEST and they gave us $300 OBC. in addition, TA is giving us either $200 OBC, or we have the option to wait until the cruise is over and they will mail us a $200 check. we're taking the check :) looking at suite prices as they skyrocketed I thought this was a good deal, so i am hoping i'm right :)

I think you got a good deal. We are booked in an S2 for March 2019. Booked about a year ago and got the Go Best package + $300 OBC. Our TA kicked in an additional $925 OBC. Our grand total was $7200. It’s a little more than we’ve paid in the past for a Sky suite but not much more and the $1225 OBC is a great equalizer.

CM