Distilled water

aliceinalaska

THIS..I didn't know this. Very helpful...as the last time I was using bottled water for the CPAP..a definite no no.

and brought an extension cord with it in the case (no issues)

Great to know I can get the water on board.

Bottled water is ok for a week or so. You will notice a "buildup" in the humidifier chamber(especially along the bottom)It's usually just a harmless calcium build up. A good strong white vinegar will remove it quickly. As to the extension cord.. cruise lines are confiscating them more often. You do best when requesting one along with your distilled water.

For the convenience it's worth it.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Absolutely because DH won't use his CPAP without the distilled water, so it's a necessity. We were just surprised that Carnival charged for it -- a sealed gallon on HAL, Princess and Royal have all been free.

Bottled water is ok for a week or so. You will notice a "buildup" in the humidifier chamber(especially along the bottom)It's usually just a harmless calcium build up. A good strong white vinegar will remove it quickly. As to the extension cord.. cruise lines are confiscating them more often. You do best when requesting one along with your distilled water.

I used bottled water for months on end with. O issues. I just make sure to check Athe nutritional label to make sure there isn’t any thing other than water in the bottle.

We too have sent a request to Special Needs Department and the distilled water and extension cord have always been provided. It may not be there right when you get to your room but the room steward will know about it and bring it. Also, we have found that 5 star hotels are very accommodating and have always provided distilled water if we emailed the concierge ahead of time with the request. We confirm when we check-in and there is always a record of it and we have never been charged for the water. That is especially helpful if we are flying and do not have a rental car. However, our experience at hotels like Andaz, Grand Hyatt is that we have not had water provided even if we called ahead of time and were told on the phone that they can provide distilled water yet when we arrived were told we had to go to CVS or Walgreens. Of course it may depend on the particular hotel.

That has been our experience also, remember embarkation day, everyone is busy, usually most requests are met while you are at dinner.