Livorno to Florence - worth it?

NextOne

I'm just wondering if we can possibly do justice to Florence by taking a day trip from Livorno? The ship is in port for 12 hours. The stop is on a Wednesday, in October 2019, if the day makes a difference. We've never been to Florence & it's high on my list, but I don't want to rush & still miss spots I'd like to visit.

I'd appreciate insights from those who have visited before. Thank you!

I'm just wondering if we can possibly do justice to Florence by taking a day trip from Livorno? The ship is in port for 12 hours. The stop is on a Wednesday, in October 2019, if the day makes a difference. We've never been to Florence & it's high on my list, but I don't want to rush & still miss spots I'd like to visit.

I'd appreciate insights from those who have visited before. Thank you!

I have visited Florence by land (multiple days in the city) and cruise ship (day trip from Livorno). IMHO, Florence deserves several days but, yes, it is absolutely worth the visit from Livorno. You can always return another time to see sights you may have missed. Rick Steves offers a free walking tour of Florence that you can download to your smartphone.

Prioritize what you want to see & go from there.

Have spent 4 days there and also been from Livorno......There are many wonderful areas closer than Florence, but if it is on you to see list, than 12 hours will put a small dent in it...it is almost 2 hrs each way. So plan on that. We were just there in October...my favorite time of year in Europe.