Carnival Breeze Deck 6

markmbsc

Just got an upgrade offer from an interior to a balcony for a really good price but the balcony is on deck 6. Not sure if I want a balcony right above the deck 5 lanai. Has anyone had any experience with one of these balconies? Any insight or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Just got an upgrade offer from an interior to a balcony for a really good price but the balcony is on deck 6. Not sure if I want a balcony right above the deck 5 lanai. Has anyone had any experience with one of these balconies? Any insight or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

So either a Dream or Vista class ship? If so, the areas just above the hot tubs, piano bar and comedy club might be noisy.

The things to consider on the Breeze are:

Deck 5 aft is the Limelight Lounge, Piano Bar, then a little further up is the Liquid Nightclub, and just forward of that is Ocean Plaza. All these venues are pretty noisy late into the night. If you don’t mind late night noise, then deck 6 above those might be OK, I know we would not pick a room above any of those areas... enjoy your cruise whatever you decide!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The things to consider on the Breeze are:

Deck 5 aft is the Limelight Lounge, Piano Bar, then a little further up is the Liquid Nightclub, and just forward of that is Ocean Plaza. All these venues are pretty noisy late into the night. If you don’t mind late night noise, then deck 6 above those might be OK, I know we would not pick a room above any of those areas... enjoy your cruise whatever you decide!!

It's cabin 6481. I think it's above the aft restaurant. Not sure how close to the other venues.

Towards the back of the ship there would be less 'pedestrian' traffic on the Lanai.....but there is little to NO privacy on a Deck 6 balcony if that means anything to you. We like to sit out there in PJ's/robes and have coffee/croissants in the morning....pax on the Lanai can clearly see your entire balcony and into your cabin too....that means closing the drapes if you want privacy (much like being inan Inside cabin vs. viewing the ocean which is a biggie for us in balcony cabins that we love). We always go to Deck 8 minimally on this class of ship for 'balcony privacy'....it is clearly the biggest negative to us on this class of ship. We are typically Deck 6 or 7 balcony pax on all other ships for the convenience of walking stairs to get to Promenade deck, DR, theatre etc...but NOT on this class of ship!!

It's cabin 6481. I think it's above the aft restaurant. Not sure how close to the other venues.

6481 is directly over the Piano Bar and Limelight Lounge. As I mentioned before, if you like to turn in early or spend peaceful time in your cabin, I don’t think you will want this room.

That’s my opinion and you are ultimately the only one who can decide. We did an aft cabin over the lounge one time, and never again!! Thump, thump thump until 1 or 2 am every night.