Edinburgh Restaurants??

You are in a busy tourist city so will have to pay city prices I'm afraid.

Tourists seem to like The Wychery very close to the Castle and they do a set menu pre-Tattoo, but if you're looking for this year you may be too late. Cannonball Restaurant is right up by the Castle, and Angel in Bagpipes is nearby too.

If they are too expensive, try the Whiski Rooms (Bank Street), Le Petit Paris (Grassmarket) or Howie's in Victoria Street. They are all a very short walking distance of the Castle but I would urge you to book ASAP as Edinburgh is incredibly busy during August.

You could be surprised at just how busy Edinburgh is in August.

Places which serve food (whether bars, cafes or restaurants) will be busy busy from early until late, and you may find your choices are determined by which have the shortest wait times for a table.

As above, book ahead or be prepared to be flexible if need be.

Places which serve food (whether bars, cafes or restaurants) will be busy busy from early until late, and you may find your choices are determined by which have the shortest wait times for a table.

We have reservations at the Witchery for dinner before the Tattoo...so that's done. But we will be walking from North Bridge to the Castle the next morning for our tour of the Castle and will be looking for somewhere to eat breakfast. Can you recommend someplace that serves breakfast along that route?

We have reservations at the Witchery for dinner before the Tattoo...so that's done. But we will be walking from North Bridge to the Castle the next morning for our tour of the Castle and will be looking for somewhere to eat breakfast. Can you recommend someplace that serves breakfast along that route?

What time are you booked for the Castle itsanita? It will make a difference to my answer!

What time are you booked for the Castle itsanita? It will make a difference to my answer!

We have the morning time period. We would like to be there by 9:30. Thanks Tartan

We have the morning time period. We would like to be there by 9:30. Thanks Tartan

I had a few places in mind but the best one I can think of which will be open early enough for you is Edinburgh Larder https://www.edinburghlarder.co.uk. I don't know exactly where your flat is, but with the info you've given I think the cafe is probably mo more than 5 minutes from your flat. It would be more an authentic Scottish experience.

https://www.edinburghlarder.co.uk

There's also the Radisson Blu Hotel, probably a lot more pricey. I assume their restaurant is open to non-residents. It's also very close to where I think your apartment is.

I had a few places in mind but the best one I can think of which will be open early enough for you is Edinburgh Larder https://www.edinburghlarder.co.uk. I don't know exactly where your flat is, but with the info you've given I think the cafe is probably mo more than 5 minutes from your flat. It would be more an authentic Scottish experience.

https://www.edinburghlarder.co.uk

There's also the Radisson Blu Hotel, probably a lot more pricey. I assume their restaurant is open to non-residents. It's also very close to where I think your apartment is.

Thanks, I just looked at the Larder and it looks close to us. We are on North Bridge, right off the Mile. So that looks like it will work fine. Not too interested in a hotel, like the idea of a more local cafe.

What is the Elephant House like? I believe it is associated with JK Rowling and Harry POtter. Is it any good? Or just very touristy?

Thanks, I just looked at the Larder and it looks close to us. We are on North Bridge, right off the Mile. So that looks like it will work fine. Not too interested in a hotel, like the idea of a more local cafe.

What is the Elephant House like? I believe it is associated with JK Rowling and Harry POtter. Is it any good? Or just very touristy?

The Elephant House is quite touristy as you'd expect. We've taken visitors there but I wouldn't choose to go there. There are better places to eat IMO. Next to it though is Greyfriars church yard where there are gravestones which inspired the names of some Harry Potter characters. Potter Row is a street nearby and George Heriot's School round the corner was said to be the inspiration for Hogwarts.

The Elephant House is quite touristy as you'd expect. We've taken visitors there but I wouldn't choose to go there. There are better places to eat IMO. Next to it though is Greyfriars church yard where there are gravestones which inspired the names of some Harry Potter characters. Potter Row is a street nearby and George Heriot's School round the corner was said to be the inspiration for Hogwarts.

Edinburgh Larder looks perfect, with a visit to The Elephant House for a coffee and a look see!

As always, THANKS

Happy to help. You can look out for me on the Celebrity boards now. Just booked a cruise for next year :)

That's great. I have as much fun planning as I do on the cruise...or at least almost. Where are you going next year?

That's great. I have as much fun planning as I do on the cruise...or at least almost. Where are you going next year?

Venice to Barcelona via various new to us ports in the Adriatic, then Sicily and Spain. Haven't been with Celebrity for a while but looking forward to it. I always enjoy the planning and think CC is amazing :)

Venice to Barcelona via various new to us ports in the Adriatic, then Sicily and Spain. Haven't been with Celebrity for a while but looking forward to it. I always enjoy the planning and think CC is amazing :)

Sounds like a nice cruise. We did Venice to Barcelona several years ago and it was one of our favorite Maybe I'll be able to help YOU out for a change. LOL

You are in a busy tourist city so will have to pay city prices I'm afraid.

Tourists seem to like The Wychery very close to the Castle and they do a set menu pre-Tattoo, but if you're looking for this year you may be too late. Cannonball Restaurant is right up by the Castle, and Angel in Bagpipes is nearby too.

If they are too expensive, try the Whiski Rooms (Bank Street), Le Petit Paris (Grassmarket) or Howie's in Victoria Street. They are all a very short walking distance of the Castle but I would urge you to book ASAP as Edinburgh is incredibly busy during August.

Thanks for the feedback. I work in New York City so I am use to deal with the costs and the crowds.

Understand it is busy time so trying to identify eatery so we can reserve ahead.

Thanks for the feedback. I work in New York City so I am use to deal with the costs and the crowds.

Sorry I thought you said you were looking for something not too expensive.

I think the difference between NY which I've visited and Edinburgh is the greater concentration of tourists in a very small space (the Royal Mile) and in streets totally unsuitable to cope with them. Tourists gravitate to that area but there is much more to Edinburgh

Not open at breakfast time. And pickled onions are more popular in Scotland :')

Hi Tartanexile81, my post was in reply to the opening poster but pickled eggs are much better than onions and the reason is that a few hours later they really upset my wife when I have eaten them. ;););)

I just saw your post that you have reservations at The Witchery...Were you just able to get them? I was told that there were no more reservations for the 9th...You can't seat extra...can you? Thanks!

I just saw your post that you have reservations at The Witchery...Were you just able to get them? I was told that there were no more reservations for the 9th...You can't seat extra...can you? Thanks!

if

We got them months ago. I just sent an email to see if add on is possible. I'll let you know