Interior room Radiance

cruise.freak

Second time going to Alaska and we had balcony on first cruise that we really didn't use. The price difference from interior to OV is $700.00. We were only in room to sleep on that cruise and never spent any time in there as we like being up top to see both sides of ship. Do you think worth $700 difference to do OV?

Not trying to be a smart-ass but if you don’t use your balcony it’s not worth anything. Use the $ for something else.

We just finished our first Alaska cruise & had a balcony. We did use it some but will probably go interior next time. We stopped getting balconies in the Caribbean b/c we just don’t use them. Personal preference of course.

I would book the Inside and watch for price drops. On our May 2017 cruise we booked an inside room about 6 months out, then upgraded to an OV for $ 50 pp after a price drop and finally upgraded to a balcony for another $ 100 pp 2 months from the sailing date. We ended up with a balcony for only $ 150 pp more than our original inside room and over $ 1,000 pp less than the original balcony price at the time we booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Second time going to Alaska and we had balcony on first cruise that we really didn't use. The price difference from interior to OV is $700.00. We were only in room to sleep on that cruise and never spent any time in there as we like being up top to see both sides of ship. Do you think worth $700 difference to do OV?

If you did not use your balcony, then by all means get the interior. We are getting a balcony on the Radiance when we go next June, but there are going to be 4 of us using the balcony. Our son and Dil have an inside across the hall.

Interiors are a great room on the Radiance class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd much rather spend that money on a must-do excursion, especially because you can get a good view of outside from so many public areas of the Radiance. Spousal Unit and I went with an interior cabin and didn't feel like we missed out at all.

I wouldn't do it for $700, that money would buy a lot of excursions. If there was a huge difference in cabin size and I was traveling with more than 2 people< I would consider it. I just looked at interior vs OV cabin size and there is only an 8 sq ft difference. Not worth $700 in my opinion.

As far as a balcony in Alaska, we used ours a lot, but we had an aft facing corner JS. Our balcony was huge with views to the side and aft. Made for a great viewing at Hubbard Glacier.

Inside was great. Of course I would have liked a balcony for morning coffee and such if money was no object, but our weather was not conducive to hanging out on a balcony anyway. I booked very early, watched for every price drop and called and got adjustments down, and spent the extra savings on excursions. The cheapest I ever saw a balcony was 1500 dollars more than our final cost and that paid for 4 excursions for the two of us that I also booked early and monitored for price adjustments. If you did not use it much last time I would spend the money on other things.

If you don't use it, then it's not worth it. I personally love the interior cabins because they're so dark (I sleep like a baby!) and we prefer to be out and about in the ship. But my mom won't even consider cruising without a balcony.

We're hoping to do a multi-generational Alaska cruise next summer, and I figure that if we want to get away from the crowds, we can go hang out on my parents' balcony. ;)

If you don't use it, then it's not worth it. I personally love the interior cabins because they're so dark (I sleep like a baby!) and we prefer to be out and about in the ship. But my mom won't even consider cruising without a balcony.

This describes me & my wife vs. her parents exactly. We call our interiors our cave... dark & cool, perfect for hibernating. :D