Brining a case of wine for Southampton cruise

oskidunker

So, the important thing is to let customs know what you have. There might be a fee levied, but more than likely they will consider you “in transit”

That means that the alcohol is not meant for consumption in the country that you are flying into.

No problem with the ship, carried on or checked I cannot speculate. I checked a case of wine (insulated wheeled carrier) and I had to go and retrieved it later.

Hope this helps.

Leaving from Sfo. Connecting in Munich to LHR. Case will be in luggage in wine carrier.. What happens? Will I be charged any tax?

What are you brining the wine in? Is it homemade? Do you intend in recorking your brew?

Enjoy your cruise.

King

You are allowed to bring in 4 liters wine purchased outside the EU per person without duty in the UK. That’s a little more than 5 bottles per adult. The duty on excess declarations is not high, maybe a couple of pounds; depends on the alcohol content of each bottle. But you would have to go through the red lane.

Don’t know if there is anything you would have to do in-transit in Germany.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/668106/Travelling_to_the_UK-_update.pdf