Temps for late Sept./Oct. Adventure of the Seas/Fall Foliage Cruise

Temps will vary at that time of year in New England and Canada. Some days are warm and some are chilly. We did a Canada/New England cruise several years ago at the end of September. I just checked my photos from the trip to see how we and others were dressed. It's a good idea to pack clothes that you can use to dress in layers, as needed. I'd suggest bringing shorts or capris, long pants, long- and short-sleeved shirts, sweater or sweatshirt, a light-weight fleece jacket or water-resistant windbreaker-type jacket with a hood, and a baseball-type cap or hat if you usually wear a hat to block the sun. In my opinion, there is no need for a heavy jacket, scarf, or gloves. However, I say that as a New Englander, and not someone who lives in an area with a warm/hot year-round climate. There are stores in port where tourists can purchase sweatshirts, jackets, knit hats, gloves, etc., if needed. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by marys350

I've had temps between 40 to 85 on assorted cruises up north. You need to be prepared for either. Never had a need for gloves though.

+1- We've been to a pretty cool locations in Canada and New England, as well as way too warm (warm enough that we had to buy some lighter clothes so that we didn't have to go back to the tendered ship).

Sad to say- plan for both. Layers are awesome- one long sleeve running type shirt under a wind breaker adds a LOT of temperature tolerance- both of which can pack up small.

From a Canadian. Layer it up. As long as you have multiple layers to wear you will be fine, but expect that it can go down to 40 degrees at night in October, especially out in the Maritimes. Prepare for rain as well.

It will usually be above 50 during the days, but 50 itself isn't uncommon either.

PS - I assumed you were American and gave you F, but if you're not, 50 is 10C and 40 is about 5C