When do you book? Several questions

Did you try and book? I checked a few days ago and it said none available. That was Florida departures, though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can book a cabin right now on the Empress sailing Monday. This was using the TA website though, I didn’t try the consumer site.

I can book a cabin right now on the Empress sailing Monday. This was using the TA website though, I didn’t try the consumer site.
Are you a TA?

I was looking at website and even called C&A. Nothing available in FL for this weekend or next week. This was on Wednesday I think

Are you a TA?

I was looking at website and even called C&A. Nothing available in FL for this weekend or next week. This was on Wednesday I think

Have been for almost a year now. Pretty much everything is sold out. There are only 3 cabins on Empress so it’s quite possible those were cancellations that were just added back into inventory. Still there this morning if your looking to get away. 2 OV and a JS.

2 OV and an inside on the EN for August 3.

Pretty slim pickings for last minute sailings.

I used to book three months to a year in advance. I did once book a weekender on the Majesty at 1 p.m. the day before sailing when Sandy caused so many people from up north to cancel, for $99. I retired last year and thought I would be booking more last-minute cruises, instead I have booked two different cruises 505 days in advance. I thought I was crazy when I booked the first one so far out, but then I did it again six weeks later, so I guess my habits have changed.

We book at least a year out. I'm rather picky about cabin location (very close to exactly midship balcony, not connecting, not near stairs/elevators/service areas, on a lower deck) and like to plan. Plus I think unless you are going to book at/after final payment, you get the best price booking very early and keeping an eye on prices/sales. If we weren't working I could see booking a week or few out, but until then, its much easier to just book far in advance and get it approved by work at that time. This is the first time we've had two cruises booked at once. Usually we do about a year apart, but seem to switch between May and September, so this time it'll be less than a year as we are doing Sept 2018 and May 2019, plus I have a feeling the itinerary we picked for next May will sell out soon (Ovation Alaska 11 night).