Sailing on the Granduer of the Seas

Haven't sailed in a few years so just curious if they still do the 2nd day buffet at the Japanese restaurant. My second question is at Chops … if you upgrade to the lobster do you still get the entrée you normally would have gotten? My husband is considering this as a surf & turf dinner but if the lobster substitutes then really it's not worth the extra money. Thanks in advance and appreciate the help.

Not sure about the 2nd night buffet at Izumi. Never say it mentioned.

AFAIK the upcharge for the Maine lobster is to replace one of the regular entrees.

For surf and turf, go the MDR on lobster night and order the prime rib and lobster. They will gladly do that.

When are you sailing on Grandeur? 2 weeks and 4 days for us.

I have cruised on the Grandeur quite a bit, and have no knowledge of anything about a buffet in Izumi.

If you order lobster in Chops, that is your entrée.

But remember, you can have as many appetizers/soups/salads as you want, and same for desserts.

You could certainly share entrees. :)

First, I apologize … I should have used the word brunch. We did this in April of 2016 so wasn't sure if they still did it. We were hoping they were - it was nice.

We have also sailed on the Granduer a lot is why we took a break from RCI for fresh ports and different ships.

Our trip is in the fall this year and we can't wait.

Thanks for the help. Happy sailing!!

We were on the Grandeur several weeks ago and there was a brunch at either Chops or Giovanni’s but not at Izumi. Ask one of the dining room head waiters or the maitre d’ at either Chops or Giovanni’s and they will let you know if a specialty brunch is being offered on your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums