Crystal Motzart Fixed Window Cabin

owen15cruiser

Has anyone had any experience booking a fixed window cabin on deck one of the Motzart? I understand that these are partially under water. Does the limited view make much of a difference?

I've been in a deck one cabin on Mozart twice. The water level is just below the bottom of the window. I had no problem with it. Once I looked out and some swans looked like they wanted to come visit me in my cabin!! :D

The bottom of your fixed window is just above the river level so the room is much darker than the other cabins on deck 2. And the view is limited. If your voyage consists of a number of daytime cruising, you may want to consider the cabins with French balcony instead. Yes, you can go to the top deck and enjoy the scenery but with the ever changing European weather especially rain and wind, sometimes that's not possible. Sometimes noise from the engine can be an issue depending on the location of your deck 1 cabin. Best to check with Crystal.

When the Mozart is docked if you are on the side where the boat is dock, chance are that you will be below the dock level, mean you have a wall or you view is that of the underside of the pier. Hence why these rooms can be dark. However, if the dock is on the other side of the boat, the swans and duck can visit your window.

In the summer months, the Mozart can be moored between two other boats. In this case, no one on deck one or deck two gets a view. On deck two, you are like to be able to get a full view of a bedroom on the next boat. Most passengers tend to draw the curtain when this happens or the people in the boat will get a full strip show after you shower as well as see you in your PJs.

Has anyone had any experience booking a fixed window cabin on deck one of the Motzart? I understand that these are partially under water. Does the limited view make much of a difference?

As others have already posted, the windows are above water level and to be honest I didn’t find my cabin to be dark. On one occasion only was the side of the boat I was on against the dock, and even then the wall was several feet away from the window. On a couple of occasions the dock was only against part of the boat and as my cabin was the second to last on Deck 1 it didn’t reach that far. I also had no issues with engine noise or vibration - if you look at the full length pic of the boat you can see the deck 1 cabins do not reach as far to the aft as the ones on Deck 2 do...

Hopefully, the following photos will give you a better idea...

Deck 1 - Cabin 158

1318207dbdbceb252447664fe2631891.jpeg

Window View

27c399784ce639d1a897f371c1f64aea.jpeg

External View of the Mozart

ccd84dc558e30fc16c47af608eca1b95.jpeg

Hope that helps..

Anne..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I was on the Mozart, I went to the Fitness Centre to take this picture to get an idea of how close the water level was to the Deck 1 cabin. As you can see, on the way from Passau to Bratislava, water got splashed to the windows, making it look like it's raining outside. Half the room was under water as the water level was right against the bottom of the window (water was on the blue part). I guess it might get better for those rooms towards the aft. I think they got less splash, but definitely no fresh air.

img_7151.jpg