Roatan - Mahogany Bay Cabana Rentals

63Sunshine

Well, 213 days until cruise, admittedly still a lot of time, but no cabana rental option has come up in the excursion offerings yet. I've been stalking the site several times a day, every day. I had heard that they usually go up for rent very early...am I wrong? Getting a little frustrated. If you've snagged one of them in the past, how far a head of your cruise did you get it? Just curious...I know they'll offer it eventually.

Usually the cabanas are listed really early. Just keep checking daily if you really want one. We had one before which was nice to have and on our next cruise we rented one again- we reserved ours each time about a year out, and they were gone about 6 months before each cruise.

When you check, scroll through each page thoroughly too as a lot of times sold out excursions are put on the last page. It might be sold out or they might be revamping it to match the newer, higher rental rate they just published...

Thank you! I know I haven't missed it...I've been checking daily since we booked, which was a year out from our sail date. I think you may be right about them revamping it and possibly holding off on offering it. I'll keep checking! :cool:

It is strange the cabana's not being listed. We have one booked on our Princess cruise this month and were able to book 3 months out. On our Carnival cruise next May, the cabana's on the private island are showing up on the website. Have you called Carnival or your TA?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ours is $340 with Carnival in February.  Correct that it includes passes (I think 4?) to the chair lift.  This is my first time at Mahogany Bay, I'm looking forward to it.  On a prior cruise we had a cabana at Half Moon Bay which we loved...this was many years ago, I had to rush to the excursions desk upon embarkation to reserve it, hopefully they let you do it online now.  

• 4 months later...

We returned home from the cruise 2 weeks ago today 😢. The Mahogany Bay Cabana was worth every penny! It was beautiful! The main beach was extremely crowded...so having our own space really made the day. I would highly recommend that anyone going to Mahogany Bay who is looking forward to a day on the beach, splurge on this!