Eclipse. To balcony or concierge balcony

vanessa5076

Yes' date=' you will likely be told no. We were staying in an A1 cabin so we had a very nice oversized balcony but no footstools. I asked for one largely because my husband was icing his knees on a regular basis. I was told no footstool was available. However, our cabin attendant was able to bring us a plastic shower seat/stool. While not very pretty, it did serve the purpose.[/quote']

I find that surprising. And asking for a foot stool is not some unreasonable request. But I guess since they provide then as an upgrade maybe they have to ration them? Good to know. It won't make or break my vacation. I'll likely ask and if they say no, that's ok.

Personally, having a foot stool with your chair should not be an upgrade, it should be a given. In fact, I believe balconies should have adjustable lounge chairs, not straight very uncomfortable chairs.

I realize this isn't the case (anymore), but a comfortable chair should be the norm. And it's not just Celebrity who does this.

"If you are not concierge and request a foot stool, will they really tell you "no"?"

There's a good probability that you will be told no, because it isn't part of the standard equipment for that stateroom. You are asking to get something for free that others are paying for.