Offered another upgrade to Lido Balcony; weighing pros and cons

LMaxwell

Would the cabin be anywhere near the forward elevators? I had a lido cabin on Splendor last year that was near the forward elevators and consequently the atrium "shaft" for lack of a better term. The shaft acted like a sound funnel and I could hear every detail of everything that went on in the atrium while I was in my room. There are a lot of activities in the atrium these days:) I suspected that would be the case when I booked so I took ear plugs. Loved the convenience of getting to the buffet, Serenity deck and movies under the stars, but it was noisy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Have decided am content for now with location I currently have. Paying more in this case is not getting me more, and in fact potentially less. Gotta say Carnival's upgrade system has worked on me / for me a few times already though!

Awhile back I upgraded from a deck 2 oceanview on Victory 4 nighter to a deck 7 balcony for something crazy like $28. I love the OV rooms but $28 is nothing, so I took it. It's near the rear of the ship, close to rear stairs. So 2 flights down to the nightlife action in rear lounge/piano bar, one more after that to dining room (we have fixed time, so will be in rear dining room; also the dining room they do brunch, tea, and departure breakfast in). 2 quick flights up to rear of lido deck near pizza pirate and "sneak in" back way to buffet. Seems like a good location, I am pretty content with it.

Today they called and offered me a lido deck balcony for $38 more total; port side way forward. Still have cabins above and below but it just seems like a more inconvenient spot to get to places besides the pool deck / night movies or the Serenity deck.

I know $38 isn't much more, and I am still pretty happy with my deck 7 cabin. What are your thoughts? take it or don't bother.

What decks do you think you will be going to more often...those above 7 or below 7...if your intent is to minimize steps or elevator usage. Some, in the name of calorie burn, might choose the one that would require more steps :)