More beer options on Princess!

dides

uninspired!

unless you like to try lite beers. gone are the days of only on light beer choice! O'Gee wiz let me see do i like Bud light, miller lite, Coors light , Michelob ultra, or oh wait -- Heineken light. Do not worry mister! On board a  Princess ship ,  by the end of the cruise or day ( for that matter)  you will realize they all taste like water! gone are the days!

now the rest of the list:

OK , I see it,  Red Stripe in the Caribbean 

bud and miller GD are standard and not new. ( boring but "the Standard")  

Grolsh standard on the ship,  everyone seems to like the larger bottle. 

Corona and Dos xx. standard far for Mexico cruise. ( but test better on the beach in cabo or with fish tacos then pool side) 

perononi and Pilsner Erquell ( ok nice additions) 

stella ( import bud, or bud is export stella ) duplicate 

fosters oil can ( is that Foster's lager or ale ) either way . NOT a 10 $ beer. ( retail ( 2 )25 once cans / 4 $ )  I think I paid 10 or 11 $ for Gulden Druuk, on ship over the summer retail ( 20 to 22$ / 4 pack. I was OK at this price point) NOT for Fosters! Fosters 25 oz at 8$ ok I get it. 

Tiger OK . I get it. 

SA, SN, Lagunitas standard supermarket fair for west coasters in the US . 

Bass and Guinness standard and I would but them on the list. 

blue moon ( coors brewing) and Sofie are hardly Belgian BEERS! ( look for gulden druuk on board!) Do Insult the Belgians with these beers~! 

5 NEW light beers! oh wait maybe that is also a  bump up to the bottled water selection too! 

well don't go on a cruise for a wine or beer bar , bottom line. 

12 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

uninspired!

unless you like to try lite beers. gone are the days of only on light beer choice! O'Gee wiz let me see do i like Bud light, miller lite, Coors light , Michelob ultra, or oh wait -- Heineken light. Do not worry mister! On board a  Princess ship ,  by the end of the cruise or day ( for that matter)  you will realize they all taste like water! gone are the days!

now the rest of the list:

OK , I see it,  Red Stripe in the Caribbean 

bud and miller GD are standard and not new. ( boring but "the Standard")  

Grolsh standard on the ship,  everyone seems to like the larger bottle. 

Corona and Dos xx. standard far for Mexico cruise. ( but test better on the beach in cabo or with fish tacos then pool side) 

perononi and Pilsner Erquell ( ok nice additions) 

stella ( import bud, or bud is export stella ) duplicate 

fosters oil can ( is that Foster's lager or ale ) either way . NOT a 10 $ beer. ( retail ( 2 )25 once cans / 4 $ )  I think I paid 10 or 11 $ for Gulden Druuk, on ship over the summer retail ( 20 to 22$ / 4 pack. I was OK at this price point) NOT for Fosters! Fosters 25 oz at 8$ ok I get it. 

Tiger OK . I get it. 

SA, SN, Lagunitas standard supermarket fair for west coasters in the US . 

Bass and Guinness standard and I would but them on the list. 

blue moon ( coors brewing) and Sofie are hardly Belgian BEERS! ( look for gulden druuk on board!) Do Insult the Belgians with these beers~! 

5 NEW light beers! oh wait maybe that is also a  bump up to the bottled water selection too! 

well don't go on a cruise for a wine or beer bar , bottom line. 

Although i agree with your opinion regarding the uninspired beer list, at least there is now something I will drink. Landside, a bar with this kind of a beer list would definitely not be one I'd be excited about visiting, but I'd order a Lagunitas of Sierra Nevada if I ended up there. Gulden Draak availability is hit and miss on Princess and very pricey.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, Little Sumpin' Sumpin' is so much better than what was available on the Royal Princess just hours before we boarded on 12/22, but it's not a true  IPA. As a true Pacific Northwest beer snob, I give mad props to Lagunitas for publicly admitting that it's not an IPA. But, I did not complain one bit, as it is a very well put-together beer, and it's more tasty than many "IPA's" that I've experienced. From the second I spotted the bottle on embarkation day, I made it my mission to teach the Lido deck waitstaff how to pronounce "Lagunitas", and they had it figured out by Day 3. On Day 2, the staff at Mermaid's Tail Bar had to bring some stock over from the SeaView bar. On Day 4, I paid for a very warm bottle at the Outrigger Bar, and I will confidently say that a warm bottle of Sumpin' Sumpin' is unquestionably better than a cold Bud Light or Blue Moon any day. Hopefully they have their refrigeration/cooling/stocking issues figured out by now.

On 12/22/2018 at 9:11 PM, funonabun said:

jennybenny, would you mind sharing the current beer selection on the Grand when you get back? We’ll be on her next month and are curious as to what our choices will be. Thanks!

Hi, so back from the Grand on the 7th, it was a great cruise.  Bon is amazing, find him!!  He said he'd be at the Wheelhouse next.  Jenny is also amazing, and she's in Crooners. 

The beers were often not too cold, but Bon would put them on ice for us.  I think they were having issues maintaining proper temperatures as one day the beers were frozen over.  My husband was pleased with the additional beer options.  They had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Little Sumpin' by Lagunitas, but it was entered into the system as Lagunas.  So it took some time to figure out at the dining room.  There was Sculpin by Ballast Point in the Wheelhouse bar only.  Sam Adams Lager was available most place, and that's all that we found of note.  I apologize, I didn't keep track of all the other beers, just noticed the nice exceptions.  I hope we drank enough of the new options to keep them stocked on board Princess Ships!  

• Thanks 1