More beer options on Princess!

dides

Well, it's not an IPA, but it's close enough to keep me happy. Just boarded the Royal Princess, and have seen Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale at multiple bars, including at Mermaid's Tail. The servers aren't quite sure what to make of the name "Lagunitas", but I told them we'll make sure they are very familiar with it by the end of the week. They say it's brand new today.

20181222_124257.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wsu_cougs said:

Well, it's not an IPA, but it's close enough to keep me happy. Just boarded the Royal Princess, and have seen Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale at multiple bars, including at Mermaid's Tail. The servers aren't quite sure what to make of the name "Lagunitas", but I told them we'll make sure they are very familiar with it by the end of the week. They say it's brand new today.

20181222_124257.jpg

Yay! 👋🏼  Close to an IPA..... love the T-shirt!!!

2 hours ago, wsu_cougs said:

Here's the lineup. No true IPAs from what I've seen so far.  If we finish off the Lagunitas, I think the standby Sierra Nevada Pale Ale will do. Better than what I had expected before boarding.

20181222_125643.jpg

I’ll take that!!

Great!!

Hoping the Grand has those two. Find out Sunday! 

Thanks for sharing 

Yep I'm pretty happy with the choice as well. It's funny seeing Fosters there as it is known overseas as "the" Aussie beer but it is almost impossible to get here. In the very large booze stores it is usually down the back and there is a very small quantity of it compared to pallets of others.

I have recently done the Diamond Princess based in Japan for 6 different cruises within the last year and really love the Japanese beer they have stocked on the ship when based in Japan. Apparently Japanese beer is based on German brewing instructions and they took their lessons on beer making from the Germans. I have found Japanese beer to be far superior to any other beer I have had on a Princess ship. I have liked it so much that I am starting to drink it more at home in Australia now. I can only hope that the Japanese beer starts finding its way on to all the Princess ships in the fleet. To be honest I have never liked the Mexican or US styled beers, German beer is alright and some Australian beer, but the Japanese beer really is what I want more of.

4 hours ago, leck57 said:

Yep I'm pretty happy with the choice as well. It's funny seeing Fosters there as it is known overseas as "the" Aussie beer but it is almost impossible to get here. In the very large booze stores it is usually down the back and there is a very small quantity of it compared to pallets of others.

I think it is all to do with sponsorship money and contracts. For some reason P&O UK have Fosters on their ship and they think it is a popular Australian beer when it is not.

The American beer is more like water and the same with the Mexican beer. Far too weak and diluted.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, Geoffa30 said:

I had a lovely Belgian Beer every night in the MDR on our Caribbean Princess Circle Caribbean cruise in March. 10%ABV. $11 plus gratuity per 330ml bottle 😮 Worth every penny though. I expect some of the new offerings will be priced similarly.

What was the name of that beer that had such high alcohol content?

8 hours ago, jennybenny said:

I’ll take that!!

Great!!

Hoping the Grand has those two. Find out Sunday! 

Thanks for sharing 

jennybenny, would you mind sharing the current beer selection on the Grand when you get back? We’ll be on her next month and are curious as to what our choices will be. Thanks!

11 hours ago, releck97 said:

Nee Nee and Biddy posted this on her Regal review just a few minutes ago. It's not great, but it's certainly an improvement. Looks like it's being rolled out on multiple ships. 683A9EFF-9406-4A56-A4BC-F98463BEE1EF.jpe

Well that is a much better selection.