Just off the BLISS.....

mchl73133

What time did you disembark? we might try to get on an earlier flight(standby) that leaves at 11:30am. We normally send our luggage straight thru from the ship but if we think we can get on the earlier flight we will wait and check it ourselves at the airport. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for information, regarding booking the go carts etc , where do you book that ? At guest services in the lobby or elsewhere? Also did you manage to get try go carts laser tag etc ?

Go directly to the go cart and laser tag entrances to book.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious about the 'new' ID card. I've read about how we can't punch holes in them any more; so, since you've been, what's the skinny? :D

Thank you for your great post, btw. Certainly appreciated!

Jenny

Boarding was the easiest and quickest We have ever experience. This was our 8th cruise. First out of Seattle, most from Florida. The time that was available for embarkation was 12:30pm. We got to the port at 11:27am and had a drink in my hand on board before 11:50am. Very easy. We walked right on the ship. No waiting whatsoever. We never received a boarding number nor was there a line for security. There was no line to do the paperwork. They don’t take photos for your keycard anymore. They use the photo from your passport.

After that we walked right on. I recommend booking dinners/shows online. And go straight to the booking area on deck 6 in the Social for the dinners if you don’t see your time available online. They fill fast and prepare to wait in lines there. Be patient, your already on the ship instead of waiting in the lobby to board. I believe NCL only opens 20% of dinning times online before the cruise.

Also if your traveling with someone maybe have them go to Q and book Go Carts, Laser, and Prohibition, and the other shows if you didn’t get them booked online.

The Beatles shows are first come seats. I recommend getting there 45 min early, Cavern Club is small and fills fast. Don’t sit in back, people will stand in front of you. Plus front row is better.

We also got to the main shows about 30 min early. And we’re always able to get good seats. We like isle seats.

Remember to be patient. Elevators can get crowded but if you are capable of using the stairs, I would. Specially if your going down or up only a couple flights. We are a younger couple and always try to use the stairs. I saw many people push their way on when someone with a scooter or broken foot was waiting and were not able to get on because people jumped in front of them. Specially little the kids.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Safe travels. Enjoy!! It was one of out favorite cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What time did you disembark? we might try to get on an earlier flight(standby) that leaves at 11:30am. We normally send our luggage straight thru from the ship but if we think we can get on the earlier flight we will wait and check it ourselves at the airport. Thanks!

Self disembarkation starts at 6:45. Earliest time to get off if you left luggage outside night before is 7:45-8:00. We self left at 7:30 for a 10:15 flight and was at SEA and through security and at gate before 9:00.

No reservations. Just recommend getting there about 45 min. early. They have several different shows like Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper, etc. The dailies do not say anything about Beatles. I think they said Britains Finest: Abbey Road or Britains Finest: Sgt. Pepper. The guys that were on our shipped were leaving this ship so there is a new band now. But the ones on our cruise were great and funny.

But if you do not want to wait at Cavern 45 minutes before, they do a theater show on Day 7 prior to Victoria.

Self disembarkation starts at 6:45. Earliest time to get off if you left luggage outside night before is 7:45-8:00. We self left at 7:30 for a 10:15 flight and was at SEA and through security and at gate before 9:00.

So you say you self left - I'm guessing you took your luggage with you at 7:30 - as I have read that flights before 11 a.m. you can't use the Seattle Port luggage that takes your luggage the night before.

This is great news if you were off ship at 7:30 made it to airport and thru security by 9 a.m. That is lightening fast :) is this the case? Will you confirm if you walked off of the ship with your luggage? OR did they change the time of the flights to earlier so that you can utilize the Seattle Port luggage valet and not have to worry about checking your luggage? YOUR REVIEW WAS GREAT! THANK YOU!

Wanted to give everyone a heads up about the Photographs on the Bliss.

They do not have the photographers in the main dining rooms anymore like other boats.

They do have the stations set up during dinner on decks 678.

They also have photographers in the Specialty Restaurants, BUT here is the catch. You must purchase these photos from the Specialty Restaurants separately that night. I believe they are $25 ea. You can not get them later nor with the Photo Package at the end of the cruise. We always buy the 10 photo package, but did not this time because some of the photos we like are from the Specialty Restaurants. So we only bought 1 photo from Teppanyaki.

Im guessing they figured that most people weren't buying the restaurant photos and only the backdrop photos outside the restaurants. Let me know your thoughts on this. Other than that, the bliss was amazing. Let me know if you have any questions. I still have the dailies and other info if anyone needs.

I HATED that you either bought the photos at the restaurant or not at all. It was pushy and tacky. I'm trying to ENJOY my meal not dealing with a sales pitch.

I HATED that you either bought the photos at the restaurant or not at all. It was pushy and tacky. I'm trying to ENJOY my meal not dealing with a sales pitch.

Just curious - did they show you the photo right after they took it? How would you know if you wanted to buy it? I would not like a sales pitch in the middle of dinner either. On my honeymoon my husband and I sailed the Pearl and had a couples massage - which was out of this world good! BUT DUE to the sales pitch of product after we had them done RUINED my experience of being relaxed and content. Due to that I will never get a massage on a ship again.

Just curious - did they show you the photo right after they took it? How would you know if you wanted to buy it? I would not like a sales pitch in the middle of dinner either. On my honeymoon my husband and I sailed the Pearl and had a couples massage - which was out of this world good! BUT DUE to the sales pitch of product after we had them done RUINED my experience of being relaxed and content. Due to that I will never get a massage on a ship again.

They took the photos, printed them out, and then brought them to your table so you could see/purchase. What also bothered me was the incredible amount of wasted paper!!

They print the photo, mount it (sic) in a folder and present it. If you buy it, you just take it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes glacier was amazing. I thought there would be to many ice burgs but they navigated right up to the glacier. Great views. Obviously they cant get that close but close enough for pictures. The front of the boat was open. The waterfront did not look to busy. A lot of people were on their balconies.

My in-laws did the spa pass. Recommend purchasing in advance. It is more expensive on the ship.

The first morning they went. (Sunday, sea day) and they said it was packed. Couldn't find a seat.

But the rest of the cruise was ok in there.

jealous!!! We just sailed 8/25-9/1 and it was so foggy that we had to turn around before we really got to the glaciers. We saw a lot of ice bergs, but didn't get to the glaciers. :(

They took the photos, printed them out, and then brought them to your table so you could see/purchase. What also bothered me was the incredible amount of wasted paper!!

This is how I feel about all the photos. In the photo gallery where everyone has a full binder of photos already printed out, I'm sure almost all get tossed out. I didn't want to pay $40!!!! for our embarkation photo but it was already sitting there for free. It would be nice if they printed out 4x6s of the proofs and just gave them to you and only charged if you wanted to order another size. What a huge waste.

jealous!!! We just sailed 8/25-9/1 and it was so foggy that we had to turn around before we really got to the glaciers. We saw a lot of ice bergs, but didn't get to the glaciers. :(

We were on that cruise as well. Huge bummer that we didn't see the glaciers. All summer long it seems that everyone had nice weather...then came our cruise. Juneau was a bust too - glad I canceled our excursion early enough to get a refund!

This is how I feel about all the photos. In the photo gallery where everyone has a full binder of photos already printed out, I'm sure almost all get tossed out. I didn't want to pay $40!!!! for our embarkation photo but it was already sitting there for free. It would be nice if they printed out 4x6s of the proofs and just gave them to you and only charged if you wanted to order another size. What a huge waste.

Wish they would have them all on the screens and let you choose what you want to print.

We were on that cruise as well. Huge bummer that we didn't see the glaciers. All summer long it seems that everyone had nice weather...then came our cruise. Juneau was a bust too - glad I canceled our excursion early enough to get a refund!

We actually went to Mendenhall Glacier and the weather cleared in time for us to get some good views!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums