Bolts or Grantfield Garage for car rental in Lerwick, Shetland Islands

Hi! Looking for recommendations on whether to book a car rental in Lerwick with Bolts or Grantfield Garage. We're tendered, not docked next May. I understand that Bolts will deliver to the shuttle dock, & that Grantfield is close by. Any one with experience with either company? I'd appreciate your insights.

Thank you in advance :)

I emailed Grantfield but they said they do not hire to cruise ship tourists! Then emailed Bolts, they got back quickly and the charge was 49 pounds for a day. Unfortunately our ship had a problem and docked very late. We rang Bolts to inform them, no problem they were waiting at their office at the dock. We booked a small car and got a brand new Scoda. We had a lovely day, it was sunny and we loved Shetland. I would recommend Bolts

I emailed Grantfield but they said they do not hire to cruise ship tourists! Then emailed Bolts, they got back quickly and the charge was 49 pounds for a day. Unfortunately our ship had a problem and docked very late. We rang Bolts to inform them, no problem they were waiting at their office at the dock. We booked a small car and got a brand new Scoda. We had a lovely day, it was sunny and we loved Shetland. I would recommend Bolts

Thanks so much, this is just the kind of info I was looking for :) I shall email Bolts.

I hope you get a sunny day. We visited Sunburnt lighthouse and saw loads of puffins. They were so cute. There is a good tea rooms there. Check out St.Ninians isle, really beautiful beach to have a stroll.

Thanks! We plan to go to Sumburgh & visit Jarlshof & hike on the cliffs to see the puffins & light house! Sunshine would be good, but I'll settle for it not pouring rain lol :D

Hi,

We were on the Celebrity Eclipse in May of this year and we stopped in Lerwick. We ensured we had the first tender in the morning and used Bolts. There was a member of staff from bolts waiting at the pier for us. Great service.

Once we had finished with the car we left it on the pier side with the keys in the car. No issues.

We went to the south of the island and then went north, it helped that i have worked in Lerwick for a period of 3 months a few years ago so knew my way around and also the sights to see and miss.

Enjoy.

Steven :)

Update: Well Celebrity just pulled our day in Lerwick. They have replace it with Belfast, which is interesting, but I wanted to go to Lerwick, darn it.

Anyhow, just wanted to give Bolts a mini review:

They responded to my email in less than a day, answered all my questions, & were generally wonderful... I'm very sorry to have to cancel with them, & even sorrier that we won't visit Lerwick, but that's cruising for you. Thanks for all the advice. :)

Hi,

We were on the Celebrity Eclipse in May of this year and we stopped in Lerwick. We ensured we had the first tender in the morning and used Bolts. There was a member of staff from bolts waiting at the pier for us. Great service.

Once we had finished with the car we left it on the pier side with the keys in the car. No issues.

We went to the south of the island and then went north, it helped that i have worked in Lerwick for a period of 3 months a few years ago so knew my way around and also the sights to see and miss.

Enjoy.

Steven :)

We are using Bolts next month, would you be willing to elaborate where you recommend visiting? I can provide email if you prefer to do it offline?

many thanks

James