Issue Booking CCL Excursion - Anyone see this before?

ugagal07

Trying to book a CCL excursion for Belize, only 2nd excursion I've ever booked with CCL. My DD is 3 and will be 4 at the time of sailing. Trying to book the Wildlife Adventure & Zoo with Lunch. It says minimum age 3. I can add myself, DH and DS (5) to the reservation but get at "Not Available for Purchase" next to DD's name. Anyone see that before?

I know I need to call Carnival, but I despise calling the cruise lines, you always get multiple answers from multiple people. Trying to find a young kid friendly option in Belize and this is one of the few...

Trying to book a CCL excursion for Belize, only 2nd excursion I've ever booked with CCL. My DD is 3 and will be 4 at the time of sailing. Trying to book the Wildlife Adventure & Zoo with Lunch. It says minimum age 3. I can add myself, DH and DS (5) to the reservation but get at "Not Available for Purchase" next to DD's name. Anyone see that before?

I know I need to call Carnival, but I despise calling the cruise lines, you always get multiple answers from multiple people. Trying to find a young kid friendly option in Belize and this is one of the few...

More than likely what is happening is that in your daughter's profile, it gives her birthday. At the present time, she is only 3. That's why it's not available for her. You may have to wait until after she turns 4. Another poster said it shows up minimum age as 4 on her screen.

I would call anyway. If you wait until she turns 4, the excursion may be fully booked already.

It says minimum age 4 on my screen.

Interesting. It says 4 in the general website, but 3 when I go to it through my booking number. Never thought to look there. Website info doesn't match up, huge surprise. Thanks for spotting that, I would have never looked there.

Will she turn four before the sailing or the day of embarkation? If she turns four during the sailing, the age on the day of embarkation (three) is what the system goes by.

Before sailing. I'll call Carnival in the morning. Just hope it doesn't book up in case they make me wait until she actually turns 4 to book...

Hello! This just happened to me a few weeks ago. The difference is my excursion had no age limit, but they would not allow me to book my 2 year old. When I called Carnival for help, I was happily surprised that I couldn't book her because there was no charge for her to attend. They instructed me to book the excursion for the rest of my party, and that either "3 and under", or "2 and under" (cant remember) were free. :D

I’ve seen this before with my son. Since your daughter is currently 3 there is no charge for her. You just show up with her at the meeting site. Now since she will turn 4 before the cruise you will have to buy her a ticket after her birthday. They may be able to book it now by calling.

Hello! This just happened to me a few weeks ago. The difference is my excursion had no age limit, but they would not allow me to book my 2 year old. When I called Carnival for help, I was happily surprised that I couldn't book her because there was no charge for her to attend. They instructed me to book the excursion for the rest of my party, and that either "3 and under", or "2 and under" (cant remember) were free. :D

DD and SIL had this same situation recently with their 2 year old - they emailed Shore Excursions and were clued in to the fact there's no charge for her on the excursion they were booking. The web site verbiage stating "not available" is somewhat misleading.