Trollley or any transportation to get to market place near port of Miami?????

creel5857

I asked on other boards but did not get much feedback. We are on vision of seas in Jan 2019 and our port on private island of cococay has been changed to Miami. We have been told that there is no shopping/market place nearby and we will have to take a taxi to closer in town......then someone said that a near by market place was available and there is some trolly car type transportation. Any help or tips would be appreciated. We want to get off ship but dont want long expensive excursion and know that husband’s bad leg from military wont permit extensive walking like 20 minutes or so. Thanks!!

The Coral Way route of the free City of Miami Trolley system stops at the Port on Mondays thru Saturdays:

http://www.miamigov.com/trolley/maps.html

http://www.miamigov.com/trolley/maps/CoralWay.pdf

The stop inside the Port property is on the south side of the administration building opposite Garage G. If your ship is at Terminal G or H (where most RCI ships call--that is until the new RCI terminal for Symphony at the far opposite end of the Port opens late this year) you should be close enough to walk to the trolley stop.

But since the route runs in a loop through downtown Miami, the stop at Bayside Marketplace is just before it turns into the Port. If you still want to stick with free transportation you can ride it down to Brickell Village and then back to the Port at your leisure from there.

I drove behind the Coral Way Trolley this morning to the cruise terminal so they must have a Sunday service too now?

There definitely was an announcement at some point that this route was going to begin running seven days a week. But both the splash page and the route map on the Trolley web site say Monday thru Saturday.

And the Miami Dade Transit website is contradictory about Bus Route 24 running all-stops service on Sunday. I mention that as the likely reason the Trolley would add Sunday service was to allow reduced Miami Dade Transit service over the redundant parts of the routes as is done during off peak and Saturday hours.

But as they say, the proof is in the picture.

Uber!

I'll restate

for your situation ... a taxi or UBER is a much better option

no walking to the free trolley p/up point ... and no extra ride on the trolley waiting for your stop

BAYSIDE .... and I presume we ARE talking about BAYSIDE is just over the port entry bridge .... walkable for many

taxi or UBER will be CHEAP

(I've a bad leg too)

Did it say Coral Way on the side of the trolley?

The Brickell/downtown trolley runs along Biscayne so it very well could have been that trolley as those do run 7 days per week.

True, but that trolley turned right onto Port Blvd up to the port! I continued to the tunnel. I remember thinking we could’ve taken the trolley!!!

The trolley website shows full service on Sundays and does not mention a change of route on sundays for the Coral Way.

I will look at the live tracker next Sunday to confirm...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True, but that trolley turned right onto Port Blvd up to the port! I continued to the tunnel. I remember thinking we could’ve taken the trolley!!!

The trolley website shows full service on Sundays and does not mention a change of route on sundays for the Coral Way.

I will look at the live tracker next Sunday to confirm...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess they did go to 7 days a week then. Thanks for posting that!

Take an Uber. It will be $6.50 each way from the Port to Bayside. I would hop on the metromover and take a ride around Downtown Miami to Brickell too and stop by Brickell City Centre. Get lunch at one of the Italian kitchens or Big Easy Wine Bar.

If you never been to Miami, take the metromover to Brickell station and have lunch at Havana 1957 for some good Cuban food.

Take an Uber. It will be $6.50 each way from the Port to Bayside. I would hop on the metromover and take a ride around Downtown Miami to Brickell too and stop by Brickell City Centre. Get lunch at one of the Italian kitchens or Big Easy Wine Bar.

If you never been to Miami, take the metromover to Brickell station and have lunch at Havana 1957 for some good Cuban food.

No go on the Havana 1957 in Brickell, it's CLOSED!!!