Norwegian Getaway Western Caribbean

BirdTravels

I was browsing the dailies to try to plan what shows we want to see on which nights, and maybe I’m blind..but I’m not see the Million dollar Quartet listed. Is that only on certain nights...or does it play every night?

The million dollar quartet is listed in the entertainment section of planning your cruise at NCL‘s website but you have to push show “more entertainment” to see it and then when you tap on it it will bring up the reservation page for you to choose your date and time. The show is offered only on the 20th and 21st at 7:30 PM and 10:15 PM. I’m already signed up to go on the 20th at 10:15 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The million dollar quartet is listed in the entertainment section of planning your cruise at NCL‘s website but you have to push show “more entertainment” to see it and then when you tap on it it will bring up the reservation page for you to choose your date and time. The show is offered only on the 20th and 21st at 7:30 PM and 10:15 PM. I’m already signed up to go on the 20th at 10:15 PM.

Oops!!! When I posted the above I was thinking I was on my roll calls thread! So on my upcoming cruise The million dollar quartet is only offered on the 9/20 and 9/21 but I’m sure on other weeks of the year the dates are quite different!ha ha!!!

Oops!!! When I posted the above I was thinking I was on my roll calls thread! So on my upcoming cruise The million dollar quartet is only offered on the 9/20 and 9/21 but I’m sure on other weeks of the year the dates are quite different!ha ha!!!

The dates may be different, but the two main shows only perform on two nights each during the cruise.

For a $7 upcharge to your SDP, you can have an all-you-can-eat seafood bar by going to the Raw Bar

7c2602431fea566bbd73cb83eafec422.jpg

0c3daa50be346defc2f5f8d9c6edef63.jpg

db537e6ec54d0059a70fb21582be8d28.jpg

56db692789fefe6cfc01ff4081fe6436.jpg

c8aa5a03954da24fc46bc3a2d2bdf082.jpg

b47250775cdee296afb75d4ba8af1b19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bird, This is the most comprehensive review I've seen to date! Thank You!

A couple questions related specifically to the Raw Bar and Ocean Blue;

1) Do you know if you need a reservation for the Raw Bar, or can you just walk up to the Ocean Blue podium and request to be seated at the Raw Bar? I presume you just sit at the "Bar" you have pictured. We've been on the Getaway twice before, and I don't think I have ever seen anyone sitting at the Raw Bar....which is why we always just moved on to some other venue.

2) I was noticing all the items pictured appear to be served cold/on ice. Can you order the seafood "steamed" (Lobster, Oysters, Clams)?

3) The menu appears to be a pared-down version of Ocean Blue?

4) Is Ocean Blue an All-You-Can-Eat style as well, or do they limit you to one Appetizer, one Entree type thing?

The raw bar is weak up only. Like you, we hardly ever see anyone sitting there. But it was wonderful for an all-you-can-eat with the SDP.

I think everything is cold. You could ask.

Ocean Blue, like many specialties now days, say 1-1-1. We always just ignore those comments because it is inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the SDP and order what we want (usually an extra app) and have never been charged for it.

BirdTravels - thank you SO MUCH for this comprehensive review. You not only answered all my questions but had me happily reading all your posts. It is so special when someone takes the time to do this! I hope you have many wonderful cruises in the future.

BTW what is the bird reference in your name? I have two parrots myself and own a rescue in Florida with 450 more! All surrendered, abused or abandoned.

Thanks again.

BirdTravels -

BTW what is the bird reference in your name? I have two parrots myself and own a rescue in Florida with 450 more! All surrendered, abused or abandoned.

What a wonderful thing to do! 450 parrots! Wow. They are beautiful, smart birds! (Off the subject but I had to interject)

Can you bring a 12 pack of Coke on with you before you past security?

NCL Policy: Guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

This pictures remind me of the "Behind the Fun Tour" that we did on Carnival last year. Does anyone know if NCL offers something similar?

Where can I find a hamburger?

Separate lockers for meats, seafoods, chicken, leaf veg, and root veg to avoid cross contamination

1be8a16ada0f24ca5d2d30f70cc7618a.jpg

44accfce125870072140a0e12e1fb558.jpg

5ea4bdacd5df2a9367b72473a5b65f16.jpg

4a2a6a2a66bbeb0276371d1e51ba2223.jpg

300 blocks of ice for buffet carvings

53136d27a0ebeb783d25f6cbd91b6eb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pictures remind me of the "Behind the Fun Tour" that we did on Carnival last year. Does anyone know if NCL offers something similar?

NCL Offers a behind the scenes tour on most ships. It can be booked at the Shore Excursion desk or touch screen kiosks. Costs about $80 and includes a photo.

Do you happen to know if it is acceptable for men to wear nice Jean's and a button down or polo shirt in la bistro or the other specialty restaurants?

For Le Bistro, Ocean Blue, Bayamo the dress code is Smart Casual

SMART CASUAL

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt (polo shirt) and closed-toed shoes.

The dress code for all other Sepcaility Restaurants and all three Main Dining Rooms is Cruise Casual (shorts or above)

CRUISE CASUAL

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants,shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men.

What is dress up or not?

It is a marketing thing to say "Dress up if you want". Or "dressing up is not needed,,,, you are on vacation not going to a business meeting". Photographers will be out at backdrops throughout the ship on nights 2-6. You can take a lovely portrait, or some fun vacation photos depending on how you are dressed. No stuffy "formal nights".

While the passengers went missing once they embarked,,, we did see a few crew down on Deck 3 and 4 in the laundry.

And we had Harvest Caye to ourselves.

Where was everybody when you were at Harvest Caye? Also, Dining Rooms said Dress shorts for men. But shorts listed in Not Permitted for men? No Denim Shorts in MDRs?

Where was everybody when you were at Harvest Caye? Also, Dining Rooms said Dress shorts for men. But shorts listed in Not Permitted for men? No Denim Shorts in MDRs?

Shorts are allowed in all main dining rooms for all meals. They are just discouraging sports/swim shorts,,, looking for something a bit more dressy.