Wifi - use of Whats APP

star65

Hi All,

We haven't cruised Royal in ages, on our last cruise we bought the least expensive wifi package that allowed us to use Whats App and we were all able to communicate with each other while on the boat. It was maybe $120 for the week on carnival. I looked int he cruise planner and it looks like wifi for a family of 4 is $54 per day per adult so that would be $200 a day, is this right? it sounds insane to me. Are there any other options to just use the app?

Thank you,

Star65:o

Thank you, 3 of us have iphones, so imessage will work without purchasing wifi?

My husband has a Samsung, so if we purchase the package just for him can he text us or we won't get it?

Thanks for clarifying price also, I can handle $54 per day

Thank you, 3 of us have iphones, so imessage will work without purchasing wifi?

My husband has a Samsung, so if we purchase the package just for him can he text us or we won't get it?

Thanks for clarifying price also, I can handle $54 per day

If the firewall hole is still open, you can use iMessage for free. However, to my knowledge, iMessage does not work with Android devices, so the Samsung won't be able to iMessage, even if he has a VOOM package.

Anthem also uses the Royal IQ app. It's much cheaper than you think. For $7.95, Royal iQ offers unlimited calling and texting to anyone onboard who has a Royal iQ communication package.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royaliq

For $7.95, Royal iQ offers unlimited calling and texting to anyone onboard who has a Royal iQ communication package.

Hi All,

We haven't cruised Royal in ages, on our last cruise we bought the least expensive wifi package that allowed us to use Whats App and we were all able to communicate with each other while on the boat. It was maybe $120 for the week on carnival. I looked int he cruise planner and it looks like wifi for a family of 4 is $54 per day per adult so that would be $200 a day, is this right? it sounds insane to me. Are there any other options to just use the app?

Thank you,

Star65:o

Per person, per day? Are you sure that wasn't the price for all 4 total?

I downloaded the royal IQ app it was free and I thought it was just to check schedules etc...

Do I need to download something else to be able to call and text through it?

Does this work well or is it spotty?

Thank you

and yes I was corrected its just per day

I downloaded the royal IQ app it was free and I thought it was just to check schedules etc...

Do I need to download something else to be able to call and text through it?

Does this work well or is it spotty?

Thank you

and yes I was corrected its just per day

Once you are connected to the ship's WiFi, you will have the opportunity to pay for the texting.

Whats the glitch? do i have to do anything

All you need to do is be sailing on a Quantum class ship or Harmony, be using an iPhone, connect to the Royal WiFi service (but do not log in), and you should be able to use iMessage for free.