What class to book guaranteed room if want an external ocean view balcony (Oasis)

hmwende

Greetings!

I've been on many cruses and all of the ocean view balconies were on the external perimeter of the ship. On this cruise we are booking Oasis of the Seas and it appears there are Interior balcony rooms with an ocean view towards the aft of the ship. I DO NOT WANT this type of room. I'm assuming its possible if I book a guaranteed oceanview balcony that I could be assigned one of these rooms. Is that correct?

I've also noticed that there are several categories of guaranteed rooms for ocean view balconies. Is there a way to book a guaranteed category to avoid one of these rooms and assure I get an external perimeter balcony room?

I hope I'm articulating my question clearly.

Thanks!

Excellent! Very helpful - it is the Boardwalk balconies I'm trying to avoid. Thank you

I think you want to avoid boardwalk and Central Park (although boardwalk is probably the ones you are thinking of with a perceived ocean view). Both are neighborhoods/interior balconies (but not Promenade balconies that are truly interior).

The term Ocean View is used strictly for the outer rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! Very helpful - it is the Boardwalk balconies I'm trying to avoid. Thank you

i do not blame you. although we did not have a board walk balcony, after being on oasis i would not want one it was very noisy. now the central park balcony's i would not mind so much. it was fairly quiet and at night they usually had live music (strings in the park)