Flight out of Miami after debark help

Caps_Shield

We are booked for the Horizon in June of 2019. We can catch a free flight (with miles) out of Miami at 12:24pm with the ship arriving at 8am. We have FTTF. Does anyone think that is enough time or are we cutting it too close?

We had a 1:35pm (boarding at 1:00pm) flight in June. We got up at 7am, had a quick breakfast, went back to the room to grab our bags, got to the terminal and hailed an UBER. We got in the car at 8:48am. Arrived at FLL (yes FLL that's further away) at 9:28am. Needless to say, we could have stayed in bed or at breakfast longer.

You should be fine. I think it's about 15 minutes from Port of Miami to Miami Int'l.

We sailed on the Vista out of Miami last November. We did self assist and took a 10:30 a.m. flight out of FLL. The line for the security check point at FLL was long and they were doing a lot of random screenings that day (including my bag because my son's candy from Cherry on Top looked suspicious lol), but we still got to our gate early and had to wait before boarding started. A 12:24 p.m. flight out of MIA should be easy to make as long as the ship isn't significantly delayed getting in to port. Self assist is your best bet to get off the ship earlier and to the airport early to help reduce your stress level on debark day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

The OP has a priority debark and should be off the Horizon after the Platinums and Diamonds. They can catch a cab or Uber and be at MIA airport by 9am.

I wouldn't use the Carnival shuttle, since you have to wait until it fills and that would defeat the early priority disbarkment.

We are booked for the Horizon in June of 2019. We can catch a free flight (with miles) out of Miami at 12:24pm with the ship arriving at 8am. We have FTTF. Does anyone think that is enough time or are we cutting it too close?

Plenty of time, even if you leave your luggage outside your cabin. We've done it twice now and have been at the airport by 10:00 a.m. In fact, we even had a delay with customs, which held us us 45 minutes and we were still at the airport by 10:00 a.m. Uber is great.