Cancelling portion of Grand Voyage

dobbsie

Sounds like it will be a cancellation and rebooking if before final payment and you are not dealing with non-refundable deposit fares. But, as said above, your TA and HAL must help you with the particulars. Hope it works out, and sorry you have to cancel part of your trip. Let us know what they do! m--

Sounds like it will be a cancellation and rebooking if before final payment and you are not dealing with non-refundable deposit fares. But, as said above, your TA and HAL must help you with the particulars. Hope it works out, and sorry you have to cancel part of your trip. Let us know what they do! m--

I have already contacted my PCC, but was just curious if this has happened to others. I know the cancellation policy at HAL, and it is not a problem yet. I just want to know before booking such a long cruise. I will let you know what I learn.

If it came to pass that you wanted to cancel one segment of a Grand Voyage, but keep the remaining segments, it would be wise to total the price of those individual segments, and compare that to the price of the full cruise before taking any final action.

Since the full cruise is discounted, as compared to the total of all the segments comprising that full cruise, it might be worth it to pay for the whole cruise and just let the cabin stay empty for the time you couldn't be there. That would depend on the length of the cruise and the number of segments, of course.

But that would also leave the option of boarding sometime other than a scheduled turn-over day.

Interesting question. I came close to having to miss the beginning of this years Grand World but didn't think as far ahead as you are doing. Also, if you keep the cabin for the entire Grand cruise but miss the first segment, would you have to still pay the hotel service charge for those missed days...another wrinkle to that situation.

If it came to pass that you wanted to cancel one segment of a Grand Voyage, but keep the remaining segments, it would be wise to total the price of those individual segments, and compare that to the price of the full cruise before taking any final action.

Since the full cruise is discounted, as compared to the total of all the segments comprising that full cruise, it might be worth it to pay for the whole cruise and just let the cabin stay empty for the time you couldn't be there. That would depend on the length of the cruise and the number of segments, of course.

But that would also leave the option of boarding sometime other than a scheduled turn-over day.

That's an excellent suggestion.

Interesting question. I came close to having to miss the beginning of this years Grand World but didn't think as far ahead as you are doing. Also, if you keep the cabin for the entire Grand cruise but miss the first segment, would you have to still pay the hotel service charge for those missed days...another wrinkle to that situation.

Was off a ship last year due to medical issues & HAL did NOT charge Hotel Service Charge for the 3 days.