Hypoallergenic Laundry Soap??

Turtlelove17

My daughter is allergic to most regular laundry soaps so we need to us a fully fragrance free/dye free type laundry soap at home. We want to be able to have a load of laundry done on the cruise ship since we will also be traveling pre and post cruise and want to travel light.

Do you know what type of soap celebrity is using? Do they have a hypoallergenic option (wishful thinking I’m sure :p)?Anyone else with an allergy have any issues with their linen and/or laundry services?

Is it the fragrance she is allergic to or the actual detergent?

The detergent is a commercial detergent and is very low fragrance, but there is not a hypo-allergic option.

My daughter does hers in the sink with what she knows is safe for her.

I agree...hand wash in the sink to make sure you have control.

You can also request that the bedsheets be double rinsed. That seems to help for me.

Really? They take your sheets out of the dozen (or 4 or 6 or 10) or more that are in the washing machine and double rinse your sheets, and make sure they get to your cabin and your bed?

If that is true, I am truly impressed, but that just sounds outside the realm.

Could it be the placebo affect? They tell you they were double rinsed so you believe it to be true?

Sorry to be such a skeptic...

I have undergone extensive allergy testing, and one of the substances the allergist I see has identified is cinnamic aldehyde. This is a substance which is in quite a few detergents and laundry softeners. We take full advantage of our loyalty free laundry perk, and I don't seem to react to Celebrity done laundry.

I am allergic to a laundry list, note the pun, of chemicals in detergents, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, skin lotion etc... I don't have Celebrity do my personal laundry but I put up with their bed and bathroom linens. I bring my own shower and lotion stuff. I pack a month worth of underwear and put used ones in a plastic bag to take home.

When we did the behind the scene tour, they emphasized "green" when doing laundry as opposed to minimizing allergents.

I would stick to rinsing your daughters clothes in the sink...If you send the rest of the family’s garments in for laundry it should be easily managed.

Re bedding, how about taking one pillowcase with you and one of those cotton sleeping bag inner sheet bag things (sorry I don’t know what they are called). Neither would take any space and then you would know nothing unsuitable is directly in contact with her skin. These could also be used in your hotels pre and post cruise.

I'm allergic to several chemicals (yes, verified by patch testing) commonly found in soaps and detergents.

No problem on board with sheets and towels but holy-cocamidylpropylbetaine in the shampoo! BYO.

Yep, cocamidylpropylbetaine is one of the chemicals that I am allergic to as well. I usually find them in conditioner and neutrogena sunblock.