Port Canaveral hotel recommendation

Susandt

Flying in Thursday to Orlando, shuttle to Port Canaveral, Friday Kennedy space center, Saturday get on boat. We don’t need fancy but would like something not far from port or space Kennedy as we will have to find rides, Lyft? To both. Would luv free breakfast, close restaurants and if a beach was close would luv it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Three close to the port are Homewood Suites, Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites. All are rated well and have free breakfast. I stayed at Homewood Suites before and it was very nice. Country Inn and Suites was the least expensive for my dates, so I will be staying there next time.

Given your input - nothing fancy (meaning not expensive?), free breakfast, not far from port, close to beach:

If you rent a car then you can basically go anywhere and stay anywhere.

If not and you want to walk or get rides, then you have to be more careful when picking a hotel. Do not pick a Cape Canaveral hotel.

In Cocoa Beach, there are areas that are not close to restaurants. And you will usually pay more for Hilton and Hampton Inn, etc

My suggestion is to start your research with hotels surrounding the Cocoa Beach Pier - Best Western for Cruisers is one example. Or the La Quinta Oceanfront for Cruisers. Or the Days Inn for Cruisers

These hotels have many restaurants and bars within a block or two. And beach! You can even get oceanfront rooms at the Best Western and La Quinta Oceanfront.

Cocoa-Beach-Pier-Hotels.jpg