Royal acknowledges too hard mattresses?

BillOh

13 hours ago, Bigorange&crimsoncruiser said:

I hear you that is why these beds are really disappointing on a RC ship. I have a ton of metal in my spine and  it really sets me back to sleep on a terrible bed. I love the travel and we do what we we need to stay comfortable. I am not buying a topper to throw away under any circumstance. 

The inflatable mattress pad I use works very well for me.  I put it under the fabric mattress pad the ship provides.  This way it doesn't make noise as I move in bed, but provides a great cushion.  I also use an electric inflater/deflater.

inflatable mattress pad.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 4:57 AM, BillOh said:

I think Royal has gotten the word that their newer beds are too hard, I used the special needs email to request a mattress topper for my upcoming cruise. The reply I got was, "All mattresses now come with a double mattress pad. Egg crates toppers are no longer available for sanitary reasons."

I had talked to RCI over a month ago requesting a topper or even two.  I told them I knew foam toppers/eggcrates were no longer used.  The guy insisted they were.  Hmmm.  Well, today I spoke to special needs and they confirmed the previous request was on my account and that I’m correct—no foam. But they will add the other type.  She said the cabin steward should be able to put the topper(s) on before making up our bed.  I hope so.  Don’t want to make him remake the whole bed, although if it’s not soft enough, he will anyway.  Sure wish they would just get new mattresses similar to Princess.